Synth Clone Wishlist Megathread



The Oscimillator patch I made started out as a BIA clone, but I couldn’t fine enough documentation regarding the math in the different modes.

Also, as is typical of digital modules, it has three modes. This means that you would probably need to massively complicate the inner workings of the Audulus module and drain CPU. I found that the multiple instances of the oscimillator was enough for me, but I suppose it might be a challenge for someone to take on.


It’s not a full take on Clouds, but Michael Hetrick ported the Oliverb algorithm to Reaktor Blocks, which (it I’m not mistaken) is the same reverb used in Clouds.

Maybe someone defter than I can port it from Reaktor to Audulus. Or maybe I will some day (after I learn DSP a little better)


@dcLargo @stschoen

I’ve been playing around with Marbles since it came out on VCV Rack and it has a very interesting take on random melodies. You play it a bunch of notes from your sequence, like 50 notes. And it remembers the notes and their frequency of occurrence and constructs a scale. Then out of the quantized stepped output plays back notes from the scale randomly along a bell curve. You can bias the probability to one end or the other of the curve as to which notes will be played. Layered on top of this, the quantized step output has a length, like the Turing machine, and can be locked into a loop or have a probability of being changed.

Do you think such an approach would be viable with reset-able S&H nodes? I think this would be awesome to have in Audulus, even if you lose your scale when you close the patch.


Impressive module. At first glance it looks do-able in Audulus, although I suspect it would be rather CPU intensive. As a first step, I would probably build a stepped array of S&H nodes to capture a sequence. You would need at least one array for the random gates and three for the voltages. It might have to wait until we have some more efficient data storage.


decimal frequency capture of uTuring.audulus (306.0 KB)

The whole Marbles unit would definitely be overkill for Audulus, I think. But what makes me think the melodic learning might be possible is the Top Frequency of occurrence module @dcLargo made a while back. It could be stretched to 12 buckets as opposed to 10, but from there I’m unsure how to make a bell curve out of the data or biasing of said curve.


if you used 12 buckets (one for each note) you could certainly capture the number of samples for each. Not sure how you determine if a given scale is a major or the relative minor since they both contain then same notes. I’ll have to read the manual for Marbles. At this point I’m a bit unclear as to what the bell curve is supposed to apply to.