Problem with Downloading Patches from Forum on iOS

i find that the Workflow app which is free is about as smooth as it gets as @RudigerMeyer explains above.

3 Likes

I didn’t have much luck with Workflow, although I’m sure it was user error. I did, however, have success using Dropbox! I forgot I had an account that was sitting unused. Opening the patch in a new tab and then saving directly to Dropbox worked great.

1 Like

Any news on a fix for this?

1 Like

Workflow app (free) is the workaround. It’s not too bad once you adjust.

1 Like

Tried both Dropbox and Workflow and can’t get either to work.

1 Like

Not sure if @Paulinko was about to post this here.

2 Likes

I’ve been using iCab Mobile and Puffin Browser (there are lots of other browsers that download as well) to download patches on my iPad with no problems:

• Download the patch in the browsers

• “Open file in other App”

• Select “Save To Files”

• “Add” to iCloud Drive

Once it’s in the iCloud everything is peachy and Audulus should run it.

2 Likes

I got back in touch with the Discourse people and will let y’all know when I hear something from them! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Robert, got it to work with Workflow.

2 Likes

In iOS 12, the Workflow app has been updated and renamed to Shortcuts.

4 Likes

Thanks, I’m still trying to get them to get a more permanent solution…

what a fiasco

I just discovered that problem, but as mentioned before there are iOS browsers that allow downloads, from where one can ‘open-in’ the files into Audulus. I’m using Firefox.

1 Like

Hold link > Copy > Open Files > Open On My iPad > Open Audulus 3 Folder > Paste

Open Files > On My iPad > Firefox > Downloads > Share > Save to Files > Audulus 3 Folder

Open Files > On My iPad > Firefox > Downloads > Drag and Drop to Audulus 3 Folder

3 Likes

It seemed like for a while that, maybe by some iOS update, Audulus files just plain loaded automatically without the above runarounds. Well, now it seems to force a .txt on the end. Anyone know how to get iOS to stop adding the .txt?

This is a question I had brought up a couple months ago. I will try to find it and repost here. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is where I brought up the fact that it was happening with my Mac, also. The reported solution was to use a different browser for Mac, and to use the Shortcuts app for downloads on the iPhone, as it seems to be a result of the discourse server’s reporting of the MIME types, combined with a Safari security feature, from what I understand, anyway.

I would suggest you try to download from the forum with another iPhone web browser, and if that doesn’t help, just use the iPhone/iPad Shortcuts with the settings that @Paulinko suggested in that thread, until the MIME types debacle gets sorted out. Wish I had better news for you. :confused:

For Safari in preferences/general there is a setting for download location. If you set it to ask for each download you can backspace over the .txt extension before saving the file.

2 Likes

I tried ‘settings>safari>general>downloads’ on iOS and all I get is an option to choose between the download location of my device or the location of icloud. I do not see the option to ask for each download. On another note, for a while (maybe a month or two – maybe because of an iOS update) it all just worked. I would download an audulus patch on my device and Audulus would just load it automatically.

Also, if I try to rename the document in Audulus, I can’t see the extensions.

The tip was for macOS. @stevo3985 mentioned the downloads directory which is only for macOS. The best solution I’ve found for iOS is the shortcuts app mentioned above.