Metallic Electro Sounds with Audulus and Eurorack

This is a short demo featuring Audulus and the Expert Sleepers ES-8.

Audulus is sending CV and modulation signals to the Doepfer A-111-3 uPVCO and the Roland 505 VCF.

Audulus is also generating a sine wave that is detuned from the analog oscillator to create some metallic beating sounds. Both are mixed in the Erica Synths Fusion Tube Mixer and sent to the 505 VCF.

Also, Audulus is sequencing a pad using a matrix sequencer that generates a triad and a bubbly lead simultaneously.

Everything is then recorded through a Universal Audio Arrow interface with some EMT 140 plate reverb and Ampex ATR 102 tape saturation.

4 Likes

Very clean equipment test. The cinematography is definitely looking good! Also, I don’t think I realized that there was a Vimeo channel for Audulus. It must be pretty old though, because it has @Taylor giving us demos on historical versions of Audulus. It’s kind of interesting to see what Audulus used to be like.

1 Like

Sounding good!

1 Like

Sounds great! Remind me, what camera do you use for the video?

1 Like

Thanks! It’s a Canon EOS 60D. This one’s a 50mm lens. I’m actually thinking about buying a separate camera eventually for demos since this one can only record 12 minutes at a time - it’s mostly a photo camera, so the sensor will overheat if running too long.

If anyone out there has suggestions in maybe the sub-$800 range that could look as good as most of the modular demos you see out there (like DivKid, Mylar Melodies, etc.) I’d love to hear about it.