Korg Volca Modular

https://www.reddit.com/r/volcas/comments/a7zwsg/korg_modular_volca_coming_soon/

Can’t find any info on this other than on Reddit, but looks amazing!

3 Likes

Wow, that is a a volca I would get more than one of if they had chainable power supplies like the 4ms pods. Also, that is a volca that is 100% going to be modded into a eurorack module by someone the day it comes out.

1 Like

Apparently a Volca Drum is also on the way: http://cdm.link/2018/12/korg-volca-modular-volca-drum-leaks/

I’ve been looking for something fun (and affordable) to sample into the Digitakt, this could be pretty cool for that!

1 Like

It’s official:

3 Likes

Sounds pretty dope to me!

2 Likes

I think this is the one I want two of. One to open up and circuit bend!:crazy_face:

edit: I just realized I made this exact statement a month ago, now I feel a little silly.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with that!

3 Likes

And that’s all the default patch! I think this is going to be really interesting.

3 Likes

Agreed! I’m definitely going to pick one up.

1 Like

That’s pretty cool!

1 Like

It’s pretty cool at that price point but to my ears the demos of it that I have found sound anemic compared to the 0-Coast – though it has the advantage of being less than half the price.

1 Like

I think the main draw is the portability. The Volcas are all battery powered.

2 Likes

To be fair I think you have to compare it to units at about the same price point. My first synth (If you want to call it that) was a CASIO VL-1 bought primarily for the purpose of driving my workmates crazy. (it worked!)

I probably should have hung onto it. I can’t believe they’re still selling them used. I think I paid about $30 for it. Not a great synth, but it had a calculator built in. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Practical. :hammer_and_wrench:

1 Like

Hi guys, I just got this and also have the bastl kastl . The patch bays are interchangable and I just want to see if you guys have tried this or know if I am gonna ruin either gear. I am more worried about sending the kastl into the volca modular. Besides connections that just don’t do anything am I ok. Much love you crazy modular madmen…

1 Like

Oh, and the 5 min review is that as my second lil mod synth its amazing. But thats coming from ultra newbie and you know compared to audulus its like an ice cream cone with midi or something goofy. I thought the internal speaker was gone but its there. Yeah, 6 mins in and its weird as all hell. Thats a obviously good weird. almost ratty sounding haha.

1 Like

You should be fine connecting the two units. They both run 0 - 5 volts for CV (the Volca 1v/oct is 0-6 volts). Not very likely you could damage anything.

1 Like

Ok, I hold you 9 percent responsible if I break em haha. JK thanks so much I thought Id be ok just being safe as a newbie here. Your a master!

3 Likes

MY trouble is just stay with battery bowered stuff when bending and I’m fine. I hope this cardinal rule is same with patch bays…

2 Likes