Korg Volca Modular

It’s always a good idea to check the manual before experimenting. Fortunately they’re almost all online these days.

1 Like

Yeah for sure, I was surprised the volca came with 2 manuals and a cardboard sheet! It just doesn’t say you can connect other gear or it doesn’t address the fact that the patch bay is the same on the bastl which was semi unique if I’m not mistaken. I just mean jumper wires like a breadboard. I do so using breadboard with this and I am guessing as long as I’m not powering it just adding knobs/pots and stuff. Cheers!

1 Like

I think you’ll be fine. Anything between 0 and +5 volts should be OK. Since the patchbays are designed to interconnect things while the units are powered on, the outputs should also be short protected. They’re also probably overvoltage protected to at least 10 volts but since they don’t explicitly say so, better to stay under 5.

1 Like

Yeah, sweet Ill let you know if and how it works. What I like about the volca is it actually shows whats happening and I learn or whatever but the bastl is straight mayhem. I am gonna try like one logical connection to the audio in as thats gotta be fine, so again thanks man. This will be fun.

1 Like

Just to be on the safe side I double checked the Volca docs again. The external CV input expects -5 to 5v but it’s scaled to +/- 3.3v all the internal patch points are +/= 3.3v rather than 5. The units do need to share a ground. See https://youtu.be/GrUVN0eZLdo starting at 11:20 minutes in

1 Like

Wow, my life is complete. thanks sir.

2 Likes