Generating triads

Hello everyone,

trying to play a little bit with chord generation today,
i have a very simple sequence playing a melody, i use 2 sequencers,
one that goes through a quantizer straight to the osc, and the other one that
control the fundamental of the quantizer

i would like to know, what would be the simplest way to generate triads for that ?
i tried to play with the nr triad transform quantizer, but not sure how to use it
any tips ?

New Patch 7.audulus (190.0 KB)

1 Like

17%20PMuTriad.audulus (5.6 KB)
Why not try out this uTriad utility I made a while back :slight_smile:

Here is your patch with the uTriad inserted. One where the scale changes the chord and one with regular triads. New Patch 7 with uTriad.audulus (392.5 KB)

2 Likes

Oh thatā€™s great, thanks a lot !

2 Likes

Thanks for all the great drum modules I still use all the time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ps: I might design new ones soon, i have stuff in mind but iā€™m open to suggestions !

also, the patch is interesting but itā€™s transposed chords, how could i generate
ā€˜realā€™ harmonies in a specific scale, using the melody as the root ?

2 Likes

I would love a mk II of the Nomak kit. I will put some thought into what I would like. Honestly the snare and hi hats have served me so well.

I made a little generative chord progression patch. There is a 4 bar chord progression generator and a psuedo random melodic generator that are all quantized to a scale. Finally a gate sequencer is used to add accents to the various different parts.

chordal demo patch.audulus (1.3 MB)

1 Like

really cool patch, is there a possibility to send midi out of audulus ?
i need to study that closely !

yeah i thought of a more ā€˜idmā€™ style drumkit, Autechre/Richard Devine type of sounds

2 Likes

That is coming soon, I think everyone is dying for that one :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

This is a chord generator I built. You define the chord and inversion using the included utility module which will generate a decimal number that encodes the chord. Feed the number to the generator and it will produce a one to four note chord on a quad output and one to four gates on another quad out. You can use the gates to control which oscillators play depending on how many notes are in the chord. I also attached a demo. I usually sequence the chords using an external input sequencer (see demo).
27%20AM
uChord V1.2.audulus (130.5 KB)
uChord V1.2 demo .audulus (1.2 MB)

3 Likes

i think this is it, thatā€™s what i was looking for actually, sir you made my day !

3 Likes

I like this patch but thought it sounded a bit better with a little EQ on the end. Which brought me to the question, did I pick the right EQ? Is it the most efficient for this purpose? Are there other cool EQā€™s buried in a zip file or an old forum post that I am not aware of?

chordal demo patch with EQ.audulus (1.3 MB)

2 Likes

@Nomak Where it this kit? I can find some reference to it on the old forum (assuming thatā€™s it), but I canā€™t download off of the old forum. I skimmed though the .zip of old forum patches, but had no luck there.

1 Like

I still have them somewhere, but I think @biminiroad cleaned them a bit, and made them more cpu efficient, because It was my first real patch in Audulus

1 Like

Hereā€™s the original version Drumkit_SEQ 2.audulus (2.2 MB)

2 Likes

iā€™m also working on more IDM type of drums

these ones

3 Likes

Quite fresh!

2 Likes

I had some fun this afternoon with this patch. With some trial and error I was able to use the sample and hold to modulate pitch for the first time, which worked well on the perc module.

I didnā€™t realize someone had made a clap ā€“ I thought that we were short of one. It is a bit high on the CPU. I have been fiddling with making a clap. In your design it looks like the hpf and the mixer take the most brain power. Wondering if there are slick ways to gut thisā€¦

I also like the drive on the kick. Nice work.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this for sureā€¦:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

yeah like i said, i think @biminiroad already worked on making it lighter,
i was a complete beginner when i created this patch

now iā€™m using mostly nodes instead of modules everytime i get a chance
and i try to avoid redundancies, but i have a question for you guys, are you coming from a coding background ?
you all seem to be very educated in DSP

1 Like

I do believe you mean ā€œClƤpā€ :clap:

2 Likes