Audulus + Digitakt

I was thinking that same thing, and it sure is showing its age haha! I am ok with it though. The one I got (and the reason I decided to finally pull the trigger) was due to an email I got from Elektron about the 10 year anniversary since it was first introduced and the special limited edition model they had designed for the anniversary.

I got 1 of the 350 limited units which sold out in less than an hour iinm of the email being sent. I feel pretty lucky to have gotten the email right on the nose and that they didn’t announce it weeks in advance so scalpers could buy all of them up with purchase-bot accounts and then offer them up at 10x the price markup on eBay, like they have done with the PS5 and the Xbox One X :dollar::dollar::dollar::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It is officially a MKII, but it has a bunch of hints in the styling that people liked about the MKI model. It’s pretty neat. I would send you a pic of the unit, but I haven’t unboxed it yet, since I need to decide where it is going to live in my studio space first.

I also feel like the very limited edition of the one I got virtually assures me that I will get my full investment back in the slim chance that I decide it is just not for me. I think I am going to do the re-arranging and cable stringing either tonight or tomorrow, because I am getting antsy to play around and see about all the hype that has kept this thing in the spotlight for 10 years. :unicorn::clap::partying_face:

I will say this though, if they drop an upgraded MKIII or OT2 in a month or something, I am absolutely going to lose my mind for jumping on this one :man_facepalming: especially after waiting and saving for a whole year haha so hopefully it will be a little while before they decide to upgrade further. :crossed_fingers:t3::grimacing:

1 Like

I doubt that Elektron would have released the anniversary edition if something new was in the works.

2 Likes

The new thing is a regular black version :wink:

2 Likes

Good to hear from you! It’s been a while.
There seems to be a trend going here. Moog releases black versions of the Matriarch and Grandmother and Elektron releases the anniversary edition.

2 Likes

It’s weird how black makes everything look good when they are next to each other.

2 Likes

The color scheme for the Moog’s were a bit garish in any case. I much prefer the black versions. I’ve toyed with the idea of getting an overlay for the Neutron. Great synth, but definitely ugly!

2 Likes

There are some really stylish overlays out there.

There are several that look really good and are much better labeled as well, but they’re kind of pricey for what is basically a piece of paper (teslin I think). I haven’t checked for a while, I should probably take another look.

1 Like

Well, this is definitely a case of taste. I generally agree with ‘black makes everything look cooler’ but I also love the colored versions of the matriarch and grandmother.
I think, if I ever get a matriarch it will actually be the colored version.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more!

We’re in the same boat, without a doubt lol. Let me know if you find a good one, and how difficult it is to apply, if you don’t mind :grin:

I read in Elektronauts forum last night that there’s an iPhone/iPad app for the OT that helps with configuring the settings, and it is called Manifold, in case anyone wants to know.

While I was looking for it, I came across this app for the Digitakt, and made a mental note to share it here. It looks like a way to sample on your portable device and then send the samples to the DT. Maybe everyone is already aware of this, but just in case not:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/transfer-samples/id1522995351

I also stumbled upon this one which is made for a bunch of synths, but it also is a lot more expensive at $20 per synth functionality you want control. I figured I would include it also, just in case anyone might find it useful:

1 Like