Spooky Tunes and Patches

I think it’s time to revive this thread. I always love the stuff people come up with. Here are some prompts for sound design borrowed from synthtober:

2 Likes

I love the arpeggio from “Stranger Things”. I’ll have to try and replicate it.

3 Likes

I think this patch from @futureaztec definitely qualifies:

1 Like

Well, here’s my first (posted) patch. Just made it today. Was tinkering around with multiply to see what it would do to sound and ended up with something that sounded like a ghost train of sorts.

I threw in a module that I made a month ago called XX GEIGER for good spooky measure.

Ghost train.audulus (783.7 KB)

*Added bonus effect if you pan the train sounds with the HiCut LFO :smile:

2 Likes

https://soundcloud.com/futureaztec/approaching

This recording was a patch performed in Audulus and recorded in Aum.
Approaching.audulus (2.0 MB)

Presently, all the channels on the main mixer are muted and the clock is stopped. If you start the clock, bring some channels in every few bars, and play with the shift knob on the quantizer, it should sound something like the track above.

3 Likes

Man I better get cracking on a spooktacular patch!

https://soundcloud.com/futureaztec/configure
Configure.audulus (1.7 MB)

:policeman::prince::fairy::zombie::merman::basketball_man::dragon_face::crescent_moon::jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

Probably a little late for this one…like 13 days too late, but I’ve been fine tuning it for a while to post in this section, and you can’t rush art (or what I choose to call art, even though it is really up to others to decide if it is really art or just :wastebasket: lol).

Anyway, I call this patch, “Suspense” cuz it kinda reminds me of the old Looney Tunes factories as they were in the process of showing scenes of the making of something terrifying to expose the character to (even though some of you may be too young to even know WTF? I am actually talking about here :rofl: I think you will still pick up on the vibe) :t_rex:

Suspense.audulus (641.1 KB)

3 Likes

I’m pretty late myself, but I still got a spooky patch in the works.

My favorite old time cartoon music has got to be Powerhouse by Ramond Scott.

1 Like