Polyend Seq and Audulus

Hope it’s ok to post this since it’s a tiny bit “self promotion” but just wanted to also show how the Seq works with Audulus.

In this video I’ve got three separate voices working in an Audulus patch. The top 4 channels of the SEQ all run into the same mono audulus voice - each track is a separate note and different length - I’m letting note priority in the audulus midi module do it’s thing (like pressing two notes on a mono synth - one wins). The midi sliders control that patch

5 row of the seq is a kind of bass note thing

and then the bottom row of the Seq is just a noise based percussion note - in practice I messed around more with that channel but in this video I just let it be a rhythm running

Apart from row 5 which is running randomly I start with all the SEQ channels empty so I can add and remove notes as the piece progresses. There is no hidden sequencer here - SEQ controlling Audulus, Keystep playing Nave and a background field recording heavily filtered - that’s the whole thing.

this is just the beginning - so much potential here!

(although AUv3 would mean I could split up the voices and use AUM routing more - and also easier to save for live performance which is where I am going with this setup)

6 Likes

Nice work!
If the sequencer supports independent MIDI channels for each row, you could split the voices by using multiple MIDI nodes set to different channels, each feeding a separate voice. Knobs and triggers aren’t channel specific (yet) but the keyboard node can be set to either Omni or an individual channel. I’m hoping that Taylor will add multi-channel support for IAA via AUM in a future release. At the moment its two in, two out. BTW, that sequencer is a real beast!:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

The SEQ looks so great. I love your setup and sounds!

Ok, back to AUv3 work :wink:

3 Likes

yeah really enjoying the SEQ and thank you!

1 Like

This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like