New Forum Appreciation Thread

I didn’t know how much more I would like this new forum, and I was pretty sure I would like Audulus running on discourse. I’m glad @jjthrash suggested it!

6 Likes

Yes, it’s looking good! Nice with the markdown option. I think it’s going to be a great improvement.

2 Likes

I love that you can see which links have been clicked on the most, especially in places like this:

https://discourse.audulus.com/t/sound-on-sound-synth-secrets-by-gordon-reid/74

1 Like

So far I’m just blown away by Discourse. This is my first experience with the platform and I’m very impressed with its capabilities. I think that this will be a wonderful home for the Forum going forward and was certainly worth any momentary pain during the transition. A Discourse Primer might be a good topic for the Learn Category.

2 Likes

All of the tutorials about the forum go into the Forum Support category - and here is the Discourse Primer you asked for!

That was fast! :grinning:

1 Like

I started creating tutorials that go along with the Sound On Sound Synth Secrets series. Check it out here!

I’ll try to chip away at this over time.

https://discourse.audulus.com/t/sound-on-sound-synth-secrets-by-gordon-reid/74

In the thread list, knowing when a thread was started, and when the last post was, as well as having them sorted with most recent activity first, was always a plus. I don’t see any dates or times in the thread list at all. Because I don’t see that information, it’s hard to tell with what I’m seeing is really most recent activity first. Is there something in forum options that I have to set? In the last day or two I’ve spent three times as much time in the forum, and haven’t gotten as much out of it as I did in the old. It feels like I’m having to put so much more effort into just finding my way around.

2 Likes

The time since the post was made is displayed in the upper right of the post. The Latest menu item displays the threads with the newest posts

1 Like

One of the things I really like about discourse that it actually tracks a lot of the stuff you mention in a pretty comprehensive way. It literally draws a little red line where my last visit was :slight_smile:

1 Like

@motmeister - does this help?

Topic-Started

Topic-Last-Post

Latest-2

Latest-Sort