My new app is out!

Some of you were curious about the graphics app I’ve been working on. Here it is:

https://sculptura.app

7 Likes

Did you make the example sculptures?

1 Like

We hired two artists :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

When I acquire an iPad Pro, I’ll have to pick this up.

1 Like

I downloaded it and about to get tucked in. You got any resource link for me?

2 Likes

This app is actually super fun.

4 Likes

Any chance you could share an obj file of it? The Shaderific app can be used to add glsl shaders to them and rotate them around space.

4 Likes

Wow, nice find! This is these two should be a bundle!

2 Likes

What @taylor might consider is a third app for being able to integrate Audulus 3 with sculptura so the parameters from Audulus could animate the obj files created for music videos. Perhaps a DanceMoreOrLess app?

1 Like

I’m already kind of wishing i could use nodes and expressions to make geometric shapes or more than 2 planes of symmetry. That being said, the challenge of just learning the tools and interface is my primary focus,

I would upload the .obj, but even zipped, it is larger than the 3mb limit. edit, here is a dropbox link

1 Like

And here’s m y reason #345 to get an ipad

2 Likes

Thank you. Here’s an SVG of your .obj that’s been colorized and put into an Audulus patch (just because you can).
Robert.audulus (580.8 KB)
Robert

3 Likes

Amazing! For some reason I didn’t notice that was an svg in Audulus before. I messed around with shaderific for a little bit but realized there is actually a bit of a learning curve and I wasn’t going to learn much having been up all night. Does it export svg files?

2 Likes

The dangers of large SVG files is shown above.

Shaderiffic doesn’t export SVG but I can still use other apps to make them from screen shots of the app.

3 Likes

Love this!!! Looks like an evil guy out of a Dickens novel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

This looks great. About to purchase…Can you import obj models to start off with?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Taylor has set up a similar forum for Scuptura at:
https://forum.halfspace.net
Probably the best place to ask Sculptura questions

2 Likes

Alas, we can only make rgb lights go twinkle. (Oh, and we have that neat bar display). But did you see that amazing 2-D tv project someone put together in Audulus? It reminds me of the “slow scan TV” from ham radio. I go “huh?” but I’m impressed at the accomplishment nonetheless.

We had that old pre-intel mac program, Strata-3D, a long, long time ago, when I had a little company doing that sort of stuff (I just looked and I see that they’re still at it! Yay for them!). I think I got paid a few bucks to make a flying donut video, or flying letters or something exciting like that. A sculptor I am definitely NOT.

Still, I’m intrigued…

2 Likes

I made the TV! There’s actually another one someone else made that is like a scope that uses delay nodes for each pixel. It’s pretty cool - I can’t remember what it’s called though or who made it. You can do some wild visuals with it.

I finally got an Apple Pencil so I’m excited to get started with Sculptura not just using my fingers! Haha

2 Likes