Magnetic pedalboard

Super cool idea if it wasn’t so expensive.

1 Like

Curious as to why the post didn’t post the usual preview image automatically in place of the URL…

You put the URL right next to the sentence you had - if you put it on a separate line it will show the preview :+1:

1 Like

Would be great to put the battery pack below the rails, to save “HP” :slight_smile:

@futureaztec you seeing this? Now you can bring your pedals off the grid too!

edit: Also those prices are about the same as a eurorack case, dang!

2 Likes

Sounds like a lot of money for what is basically a set of power rails. What happens if you drop something conductive across the rails? Unless they have some type of current limiting, it sounds like a major battery fire waiting to happen.

1 Like

I think it is a fantastic idea for real musicians who need clean, easy setups. IMO, the price is really good compared to other options. I hope some jerky company doesn’t come along and rehash their idea for their own ends.

As far as off grid goes @robertsyrett, I plan to pick up the Koma Strom Mobile, as it will be able to power my pedals (daisy chain), Analog Four, Eurorack, iPad, and MIDI interfaces all in one, with any battery packs I want.

The price of the Strom Mobile is around the price of this pedalboard. I think it is challenging for smaller companies to sell niche products, so you pay that bit extra (like Moog, for example). At the same time, being employed by a small company who does this kind of work would be better than working in a South Asian factory. I have worked in North American auto plants, where you have to speed walk to the lunch room and eat really fast – then run back to your station and do the same thing every 40 seconds for 8, maybe 10 hours. Then, you sign something that says, if they want to they can call you in on Saturday but they might not tell you until you are about to go home on Friday night. You think Monty Python had funny walks, you should see how factory workers limp around.

2 Likes