Kindly help a Noob - Audulus freezing

Hello community, I have (I hope) an easy Q:
iPad is Air 2, iOS is 12.4, Audulus is 3.6(269)
The program freezes when I open it. A fraction of second of sound, then nada. I tried Background Audio on & off, not fixed either way. Exiting to desktop and re-starting Audulus a no-go. Same with all the great included starter example & tutorial patches.
I SOOO wanna get this running… please help!:hugs:

1 Like

I also have an Air 2 running iOS 12.4 and Audulus 3.6(269) and don’t have any problems so it’s not your iPad or iOS. Are you using an external audio interface? Do you have any other apps, particularly audio related, running in background? Have you tried a iPad restart?
By default Audulus will use iCloud for storage. You might try turning iCloud and any other locations other than "On My iPad off using the edit button at the top of the Locations sidebar. You also might try deleting Audulus and re-installing.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer! No externals (yet, the lightning adapter and some goodies await). On the other audio programs, only Droneo. A restart sounds sensible, I’ll try that and re-post, duh.
I have iCloud (and WiFi) off on purpose, I hope those aren’t required for Audulus.

2 Likes

ICloud isn’t required but I believe it’s enabled by default. I was thinking that if it’s enabled in Audulus but not available it might cause an issue. Just a guess.

1 Like

You got it Leader-
Reboot the iPad. What a Mac dummy moment on my part. Patches work great, can exit and restart with no more freezing, whee! I have an Akai Key 25, Scarlett 2i2, lightning adaptor, Live Intro, modular rack, Teensy projects…
You guys are going to get sick of me :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. It’s always good to see a new face. If you need any help, just ask. There are plenty of people willing to help. :cowboy_hat_face: there’s lots of good info and tutorials available on the forum. Enjoy yourself!

1 Like

What’s in the rack?

Kind of a variety of oscillators and effects. MicroZeus powers Plaits, Maths, Music Thing Turing Machine + Pulses, Bastl Grandpa + Spa, Erica Bassline + Delay, Tall Dog MicroClouds, 1010 Euroshield for Teensy, Serge Variable Slope Filter, some attenuator & patching passives. Also a Microbrute, Paia FatMan, Moog Werkstaat, Volca Beats, BeatStep pro, MFOS Noise Toaster. I built most of those from kits.

3 Likes

I forgot the analog inputs to the system. Mutable Things Ears connects to Les Paul, eMando, cajon, udu, kalimba, shakers, whatever. I really want to build one of those spring boxes for Ears:

1 Like