Keyboard Node Missing

Hi, newbie here. So, I have the macOS and the iOS version and on mac I can easily find the keyboard node. However, on iOS it seems to be missing? I can find the Midi Input Node, though? The docs and tutorials keep referring to the keyboard node, though. Was it removed from the iOS version without updating the docs?

Cheers and thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum. Itโ€™s always great to see a new face! :cowboy_hat_face:
Sounds like youโ€™re looking at the modules library rather than the nodes on iOS. When the create menu opens, at the bottom you can choose either the module library or the nodes. The keyboard node is under MIDI in the nodes section. The MIDI input module actually has a keyboard node inside and also has a translator to output a 1 per octave signal for pitch rather than a raw frequency in Hertz. The oscillators in the modules section are configured to accept a 1 per octave signal whereas the oscillator node accepts Hz.
Nodes are the fundamental building blocks of Audulus. Since most of them are pretty low level there is also a library of modules included to allow you to create interesting patches without have to start from scratch. All the modules in the library are created from nodes and you can open them up and see how they work or modify them if you wish. There are also lots of modules posted here on the forum that have been contributed by our community.
If you need some help or have any questions please let us know, someone is sure to have the answer.

3 Likes

Hey stschoen! That was it! Thanks a lot.