Just Another Day - Glooper effect

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 11.04.51 AM
I’ve been fooling around with various delay based modules and came up with this one. It’s a sort of combination looper and echo I finally decided to call the Glooper. Internally it has two sets of 8 delay lines configured to capture a single clock’s worth of audio in succession. Each looper has a probability of firing on each clock based on the density setting. At 0 no loopers will record and at 100%, all will. Each looper is cleared at the beginning of each clock. The output of these loops is feed into a pair of master echos. Feedback controls the length of the decay for the master echo, density sets the probability that the loops will record and mix is the typical dry/wet control. Note that this unit does require a clock to function properly. It does strange things when it isn’t clocked.
Glooper V1.0.audulus (759.8 KB)

This is the piece I created this morning. The audio source is a Novation UltraNova. The percussion is a couple of Audulus modules and it features a single Glooper. I recorded it in a single take using Live.

4 Likes

Nice track and patch👍🏽

1 Like

For some reason it makes me think of the sinister Caliope music from the carnival described in “Something Wicked This Way Comes” by Ray Bradbury. Great work! :smiley:

1 Like

I always liked Ray Bradbury. Thanks for the compliment.

1 Like