Integrated Gate multiplier & shuffler

Integrated Clock gate multiplier & shuffler

The module produces shuffled gates that keep the integrity of the shuffle/swing when multiplied. It has an internal counter that counts with the swinging 1/16th gates.

I had to give it a go, I started by thinking that when you give a beat a shuffle, you are giving it more of a triplet feel as you approach 66.6 percent, so I added another beat in the gap that opens up and called it a role. I made a multi expression to multiply the gate saws at 1,1.5, 2,3,4,6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32 etc, then realised, “hang on! I’m already accounting for the triplet feel with the shuffle/swing aren’t I ?” Then my brain melted. Anyway, because of the modular way the multi knob is built, I was able to put a bias knob in there so that you can decide the likeliness of the multi knob to select multiples of 2 or 3 and just left it like that.

I/O

Input Signal Range Notes
Reset 0 / 1
modulation for roll 0 - 1 Turns roll on or off

Output Signal Range Notes
Gate 0 - 1
Multi gate 0 - 1
n-1 0 - inf count

Controls

[Knob, Button, Spline, and/or Mapper] Function Notes
On/off
BPM Tempo
Shuffle 50 - 100 percent shuffle
Multi 1 - 384 multiplies the tempo of the gates
Bias 0 - 1 produces more multiples of 2s or 3s by changing the areas of the multi knob that select them, lol, try it.
WM 0 - 1 clamped from 0 to 0.49. Needed to make it functional
Roll 0 - 1 on when m>(1-k)

Version History

Revision File Date Notes
1 AC Int shuffler & gate multiplier.audulus attachment (28.6 KB) June/21/2019

1.1 | AC Int shuffler & gate multiplier.audulus attachment (29.2 KB) | July 7 2019 | Updated bias knob.

Demos

Revision File Date Notes
1 AC Int shuffler & gate multiplier demo.audulus attachment (634.8 KB) June/21/2019

1.1 | AC Int shuffler & gate multiplier demo.audulus | attachment (739.4 KB) | July 7 2019 | Updated bias knob.

2 Likes

Updated Module and demo.

v 1.1 Updated multiples bias knob which was botched together first time around while still figuring it out. I made it accurate now and you can change the amount of multiples internally. A few other changes to the sequencing modules too.

Here’s the finished bias knob which I think is probably inefficient really, maybe a switch with precalculated values would be better but here tis anyway. AC Multis knob.audulus (7.2 KB)

1 Like