First Analog [Semi-]Modular Anyone?

If you’re thinking of buying your first physical modular unit, I stumbled upon this today, and I do not believe I have seen a lower price anywhere for the unit itself, forget about all the extras that Kraft is throwing in. Just wanted to put this Neutron Synth Deal out there for anyone thinking about buying an analog modular starter unit. :smiley:

Edit: In case you’re catching this post after the sale ends, the price of the deal is $229.99 for the whole bundle.

Edit 2: Just noticed the unit is out of stock at the moment, however, the price is still valid if you buy now with the intent to wait for the new stock to arrive. I got my Volca Modular and my Microvolt 3900 from Kraft, and they typically get the new stock in two weeks or less.

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

How is this possible!

1 Like

Damn, that’s a really good deal! I paid $299 for mine without any extras. I’ve been very happy with the Neutron. It’s not perfect but, it’s a very good intro to modular synthesis without spending a fortune. USB and DIN MIDI in and thru, two really nice oscillators, a great multi-mode filter, two ADSRs, a flexible LFO, S&H, bucket brigade delay, overdrive section, lots of patch points, a few well chosen utility mults, adders, and attenuators and a reasonable normalled signal path. It can be mounted in a Eurorack if you’re willing to give up 80HP and the back panel connectors (USB, external audio in, headphones out). I’ve chosen to leave it in the case and use my rack for other things. No way can you get close to this for the price!
I really like the Model D for the sound, but I grew up with Rick Wakeman and Keith Emerson and the sound is spot on. It’s not nearly as flexible for patching and using with other gear.

1 Like

I’m very seriously considering buying it now. I don’t think a better deal is going to come along than this. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Buy it!!!

2 Likes

I bought it this afternoon :partying_face:

2 Likes

Also, apparently, Model D also has a bundle for the same price. @stschoen do you have the ability to contact your seller and get a price match, at the very least?

Edit: It certainly seems like it is worth asking the seller. This sale is killer, but pretty unfair to someone like yourself who just purchased them both at a higher price a few days ago. :confused:

1 Like

Congratulations! I’ve been having a blast with mine. It comes with 6 patch cables but no USB cable but it looks like the bundle has you covered. It self-calibrates at power up so I generally let mine warm up for 15 minutes or so, then turn it off and on to recalibrate it. I’ve been working on controlling it with Audulus using the ES-8, so if you end up with one let me know and I’ll send you the modules I’ve made. The Neutron app is pretty useful (Mac and PC). When you launch the app you need to set the MIDI source and channel before it will find the Neutron. Once the Neutron is connected you can change a bunch of options like note priority, envelope retrigger, LFO MiIDI sync etc. Most of these can also be set with various button presses but not all. It also has a nice tuner built in.
BTW no price match :frowning:

1 Like

Sweetwater has the Neutron for $210 now! :scream: I already bought one from Kraft, but figured I would let anyone else know in case they are interested. :exploding_head:

1 Like

I’m saving up for a Colossus. Hopefully it will be the last synth I ever buy.

3 Likes

Damn, this sort of thing always seems to happen to me. Of course if I had waited it wouldn’t have gone on sale. Don’t think my wife will let me buy a second one.:cowboy_hat_face: $420 for a four oscillator, four envelope, dual filter and dual LFO analog synth is a hell of a deal.

2 Likes

That thing looks incredible! Maybe someday when I settle into a house when I get tired of exploring the world, I will invest in something like that, as well. For now, I would have nowhere practical where it could stay long term. You gotta post pics of it when you get it, if you decide to take the plunge! =)

2 Likes

I really like their stuff. I was eyeing this for a while.

2 Likes

Good luck on setting aside enough. I figure roughly 32 grand USD plus around a grand for shipping. Are you sure you wouldn’t rather have two of these:

You’d have enough left over for some ice cream! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes