Feature Request Megathread

Ahh good points - maybe only teleport within a subpatch then?

1 Like

These are prescriptive implementations, how is a noobie supposed to know all that?

I think this will still be great, and will more or less remove the need for reverse vias.

I think the teleport node could be useful as long as you restrict it’s scope to senders and receivers at the same sub-patch level. That way all the senders and receivers would be visible and you could import a module without having to worry about whether it contained transmitters or receivers. Typically with this kind of messaging system you are restricted to a single transmitter for a given channel, but summing multiple senders could also work.

2 Likes

Hi,

I reported a (kind of) « bug » in the behavior of the poly mode of the keyboard a few months ago (June 21), and @biminiroad said that it had been fixed in the latest beta.

The thing is that now I really like this « bug »… I know it’s not how most poly synth work on the iPad but I really like that you can play n notes at a time and then play n other notes and have every voice retrigger, it’s a very nice effect. And it works for whatever n smaller than the poly count.

In other synth, once you set the voice number to (say) 4, then you can only have this « all voice retriggering » effect when playing 4 notes at a time. If you play 3 notes chords it won’t retrigger every voice nicely.

So now I am basically requesting the current behavior to still be an option in next releases… (I am aware that it’s close to the opposite of what I requested before…)

3 Likes

Definitely having more options for voice triggering would be great! There’s definitely even more options like high vs. low priority, last triggered, etc. that we can incorporate. Thanks for the idea!

I saw talk of adding a continuous xy pad, looking forward to that. one thing i thought would be cool is some sort of “gesture recorder” for the xy pad. a way to record a performance on the xy pad, and have it playback the sequence, freeing the player to mess with other sound shaping parameters. i feel this would be a great way to utilize the potential of the touchscreen to create an intuitive tactile sequencer based on gestures. the ios app samplr, for example, makes incredible use of this idea of “gesture recording” and i feel that it is one of the main reasons why it is often bought up in “best ios music app” conversations.

3 Likes

@kin.sventa Here you go!

https://discourse.audulus.com/t/cv-recorder/1097

We can maybe do something in the future that’s more global and doesn’t require a module, but your request inspired me to make a CV looper. There’s also an XY pad version there for you to mess around with!

5 Likes

wow thank, amazing. thank you so much for this. gonna try this out right now

1 Like

this is so cool to hear ! i just played around with the cv recorder. so much fun. the idea of a cv looper is really exciting. i’m imagining a way to record a cv sequence on an xy pad then be able to transpose it, speed it up, slow it down, reverse it, scrub it, jump around it etc. this would be a dream come true.

1 Like

When Audulus 4 comes out have be a separate release in the App Store. I don’t know how backwards compatible it’ll be, but it’d be nice to keep Audulus 3. I rather pay again than have to remake everything right away.

And I’d like to see a “pin down module and hide wires feature”. Maybe the boarder could change colour from grey to blue to show that it’s held down.

1 Like

You’re able to do all of that except reverse it, and when you speed up/slow down, you start to lose fidelity each time you do it (try turning the time knob after recording you’ll see what I mean). If you want to transpose it you just need to use like a Modulation to Octave control after the XY pad and modulate the offset control. I will create a patch example when I get back home.

1 Like

Audulus 4 will be a new app, not an update, so yes you can run them side by side. You’ll be able to open Audulus 3 patches in 4, but not the other way around. When you open patches in 3, you will probably need to do some UI rearrangements, but they will otherwise be functional. It’s not a terrible loss since a lot of patches would be improved by new nodes that will be featured in 4, so it’s a good opportunity to reincent the UIs of old modules.

There’s a lock feature on iOS but I agree it would be nice to have in Mac as well. In future we’re going to try to make the two versions as close as possible, as this is what Apple is trending towards anyway.

What I mean is lock one thing, say a main unit, and leave everything else unlocked. That way you could still move aux units around it. And if it hid the wires at the same time it’d reduce things drawn on screen.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been using audulus for about a half hour, even something like control clicking on an object and it’s name is in at the top of the contextual menu would be super helpful.

2 Likes

I’m going to go through all the modules this week and label them with text so everything will be more explicit. Labeling stuff with icons was an experiment that ultimately has failed - it was worth a try and has a nice look, but it’s admittedly not very easy to just pick up and understand what’s going on. So expect an update soon!

3 Likes

It’s a beautiful interface.

2 Likes

I think somewhere in the middle between pure graphics and abbreviations is the best of both.

1 Like

IMHO, the main advantage for using the SVG graphics is the ability to condense the UI for a module, however I would agree that they can make it difficult to figure out just what a control does. I prefer text labels for their clarity. I do wish we had a bit more choice with fonts, sizes color etc. I think the graphics still have their place when their meaning is clear (or where they serve to intentionally obfuscate the exact nature of a control. Judging by some of the Eurorack modules I’ve looked at, intentional obfuscation appears to be relatively common in the industry)

1 Like

I think it should be possible to make SVG labels with text, no? It’s just a little bit tricky because you need to make sure to snip the enclosed spaces open.

Yes, but they also write up manuals and make tutorial videos over at Makenoise. Also there is a cottage industry making boring versions of all the crazy module faceplates. So you get a Maths, but you can then make it look more like a piece of lab gear.

2 Likes