Docs for Windows version

Great app! I use it on my iOS device and recently purchased another copy for my Windows laptop. As I’ve noticed there are inconsistencies in nodes between the OS’s, which is not a big deal, but when I went to use an alternative to the 4-step sequencer on iOS, in WIndows I used the Bassic sequencer, and can’t seem to get it to work. I couldn’t find documentation on the bassic sequencer though on your site. Any ideas?

1 Like

You can’t get the 4-step or the bassic sequencer to work?

The Windows version of Audulus doesn’t seem to have a 4-step sequencer. So I went with the bassic one. Tried getting some docs on how to use it, in case i was using it wrong. There is nothing in the modules reference for the bassic sequencer.

I can get the 4-step to work on my iOS device, but in the windows version bassic doesn’t work at all.

1 Like

I think i can help you out, as I am one of the few people here with the now very antique windows version. But I need to have some more clarification.

What would be the best outcome for you?:

1. Using the 4-step on the windows version
  2. Using the bassic on iOS
1 Like

Ideally both, but either one to work in Windows, as I have no problem with the ones in iOS.

2 Likes

I’ll bot up the windows laptop and upload a patch that I can verify works.

1 Like

sequencers that run on pc version.audulus (2.4 MB)

Let me know if this works for you. The bassic sequencer needs to have its range set to 1. if it is set to zero (the middle) it muts the sequence. Its a fun but odd sequencer. I think there is a reason it isn’t a default module anymore.

1 Like

I took out the Bassic Sequencer because it was a bit of a CPU hog and it had some techniques used inside that have been superceded by better ones.

Windows hasn’t been updated in a while so that’s why the libraries might not match. I can zip up and post the new module library so that people can download it and put it in their right click menu. Only problem is it uses SVG icons heavily which aren’t yet supported on Windows.

If there are better sequencers to use I would greatly appreciate advice on which ones to use. As I mentioned I went with the Bassic because it was relatively easy to understand to get a patch up and running, but if the Windows module library has the 4/8-step simple sequencer I would prefer to use that.

I would love to get the updated module, if the icon issue isn’t a big deal. Are there any tutorials on how to build my own sequencer?

1 Like

The sequencers don’t have as big an issue with this since they’re mostly denoted by lights - I’ll send you a few you can use. @stschoen also has some cool chainable and one-shot ones too

1 Like

And yes basically you use a counter with a mux/demux combo. I will post a tutorial about it when I find it!

1 Like

Awesome :grin::+1:

This type of stuff is new to me, so it’s really a learning process if anything.

1 Like

oldie but has some neat concepts:

1 Like

I uploaded a 4 and 8 step sequencer earlier in the thread, have you had a chance to try them out?

1 Like

Sorry not yet. I’ll have a look at it later tonite.

2 Likes