Discord server for Audulus?

Does anyone have or could make a discord server about Audulus because then I could chat and talk to people on the server whilst working on something in Audulus? I couldn’t make a proper server for Audulus.

2 Likes

You mean like a chatroom? There’s one that I can enable on the forum here. Would people like that?

1 Like

Yeah similar but it’s will be easier if it can be reached by application even on mobile devices and it’s more organised this way.
Here’s a image of a discord server.

1 Like

Is there a use for a discord server that the forum doesn’t fulfill? I find having the archival nature of a forum invaluable to learning. Makes me feel like I’m not missing out. Unless discord chats can be saved, not too familiar with the platform.

2 Likes

Well using Discord allows you to easily access and chat via phone, tablet and pc. It also allows us to share files easier and categorise channels.

1 Like

The forum works really well on all my devices. I’m not advocating one over the other, always up for all methods of discussion. Just saying it’s really nice to be able to look through a history of responses to various topics without worrying that I wasn’t present in a chat while worthwhile knowledge was shared.

2 Likes

Looks exactly like Slack. We use that a ton in development circles.

1 Like

It does look like Slack! I’m with @inscript regarding the fact that the forum feels more permanent and I feel less like I’m obligated to lurk around the forum all day because I am new and I feel like I would be more likely to miss things in a chat format and fall behind easier (which happens where I work all the time because there is just too much static in Slack chat, imo). Also, not sure about Discord, but the only way to make Slack content a permanent fixture beyond a certain point is to pay for the premium service. I prefer the forum how it is, but maybe that is just me.

2 Likes

I use Discord when playing Destiny, and it works very well for that application but I don’t think it would add anything to the Audulus forum.

1 Like

Is there a link to the discord server that i am missing?

1 Like

Hey @robertsyrett! Yes, there is a Discord that @Taylor set up so that the active members of Audulus Forum could join into the beta testing of A4 earlier than the open public beta that happened recently. This is the link to the server post:

https://discourse.audulus.com/t/audulus-discord-server-and-special-surprise/2597?u=stevo3985

1 Like

can someone post a simple discord invite that doesn’t expire please. its like trying to find a needle in haystack otherwise