CV LFO plus piano sound via ES-8 Plus AUM or Garageband

Hi There,

I’d like to run LFOs out a couple of the outputs of my ES-8 from iOS Audulus into my Eurorack, while at the same time using output 1 for a piano sound coming from either Garage Band or another app.

I have no problem getting an LFO out from Audulus, but every time I move away from it to another app, it stops communicating with the ES-8. What am I doing wrong?

I tried running it as an IAA in AUM. No problem getting VCOs out via a stereo out into the channel (which is then routed into the ES-8), but the same setup does not seem to work for an LFO.

TIA!

When Audulus is running as an IAA or Audiobus app, it has no direct connection to the ES-8. The host app e.g. AUM has the connection to the audio hardware. It’s possible that AUM won’t pass very low frequency audio. I don’t have an ES-8 so I have no way to test. @robertsyrett has a couple and can probably give us a definitive answer. You might try Audiobus as an alternative. I believe that even if you have Audulus configured for background audio that a foreground app that is competing for the audio out will take priority over the background app.

Thanks. It does seem like AUM is high pass filtering the LFO.

I have found just using Audulus is enough. If I want some other Audio from an app I try to use my second older iPad.

Have you turned the Background Audio option on in Audulus?

1 Like

No! That did it! I can run a LFO out of channel 1 or 2 in Audulus, and a piano sound out another channel from Garageband or AUM.

Except now I’m only able to use outputs 1-2 of the ES-8 in Audulus. Is there a hidden setting there as well?

THANK YOU.

2 Likes

are you using the “speaker” node or the “dac” node?

1 Like