Connect Audulus to 2nd iPad over Bluetooth

I am trying to set up a MIDI Designer Pro layout on a 2nd iPad to control Audulus over bluetooth. My only success in getting the Audulus midi learn to work is to first establish a BT connection with another app (e.g. Mood). Is there a way in Audulus to confirm the pairing without having to rely on a second app?

1 Like

I don’t have a controller to check with - can anyone else confirm here? @stschoen @robertsyrett do you have bluetooth controllers?

I think you have to use all the apps you need to in order to get the job done. I use Korg Gadget to recognize bluetooth.

1 Like

So you can confirm that Bluetooth doesn’t work with Audulus?

Bluetooth midi receive does work with Audulus, but only after establishing the connection with a different app. Perhaps something to get into the midi overhaul for version 4. I will add this to the “Feature Request” thread.

2 Likes

Bluetooth works great with Audulus, it just doesn’t have a built-in bluetooth sync menu.

1 Like

I see what you mean - so you initially have to link BT with another app but then you can use it directly with Audulus without the app? Can you close Gadget and the connection stays open or does it close?

1 Like

Yes you can, Gadget can be closed completely afterwards.

Ok thats good to know - that might help track down what Audulus is missing to be able to do this. :+1:

Honestly, I think it’s something that you technically should be able to do with the bluetooth stuff in the iPad setting section but it works faster and more reliably in Korg Gadget for some reason.

1 Like

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Can’t you just pair the device in settings? My Bias foot pedal uses Bluetooth, but it has an app on the iPad that does the mapping that has to be running. MIDI over Bluetooth is only available on devices that have Bluetooth LE, and the pedal works with older versions of Bluetooth. Personally, I would prefer to use a wired connection for an application like this, but I don’t know if that would be possible. You can connect two iPads using a CCK, but I couldn’t get MIDI to transmit, at least with a quick test this morning.

2 Likes

I recently discovered that Midimittr (free on the app store) is a nice little utility with a Bluetooth Advertise button.

2 Likes