Clock stops playing with multi-output Soundflower device

I made a patch that I play by changing parameters with my MIDI CC devices, Ribn and AudioSwift. I’m trying to figure out how to record it.

I don’t want to use GarageBand because MIDI Channel 1, CC 7, which I need for the patch is mapped to the track volume. I expect it would take many more steps to remap that.

I next tried to record with QuickTime through Soundflower, but I need to hear the patch through Built-in Output as it records. I set up a Multi-Output Device in Audio\ Midi\ Setup.app that sends Built-in Output to Built-in Output and Soundflower (2ch). I set that device for sound output. The problem is that the patch clock doesn’t play when the Mult-Ouput Device is used for sound output. When I switch sound output back to Built-in Output, the patch works again.

How can I fix this? If anyone knows of a better way to record this, I’m ready to abandon this solution.

1 Like

Right now, Audulus doesn’t support aggregate audio devices because of a bug on Apple’s end. We’re working on a fix, but it might be a little while. What you might be able to do is monitor from your Soundflower output though? You need Soundflowerbed, an extension of Soundflower.

The other choice is change your CC’s if you can? You should be able to do that in your MIDI device’s config, if it has one.

1 Like

You need a companion utility to SoundFlower called SoundFlowerBed. It allows you use SoundFlower and still hear what you’re doing. I use it all the time. When it’s running there will be a small flower icon at the upper right of your system menu. Click on it and choose your audio output device. You can change the buffer size etc. through this menu as well. (I zipped it because the forum doesn’t allow .dmg files)

SoundflowerBed-2.0.0-release.dmg.zip (117.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks, Soundflowerbed worked great!

2 Likes