Build Requests?

One strategy you could potentially adopt is combining the channels into a single value. I used this approach in several modules. Audulus will support integers up to 19 bits. They’re handled internally as 32 bit floats, but in my testing I’ve found that 19 bits is pretty reliable. If you can live with 4 bits per channel you can mux 4 channels into a single value. The primary application for the external input variant of the chain-able sequencer module @robertsyrett refers to is sequencing chords using a similar approach.

Of course you could also simply replicate the sequencer logic for as many channels as you would like. Feel free to use anything I’ve put together. Having worked on chain-able sequencers in Audulus for a couple of years, the biggest issues I’ve encountered are timing related. Because nothing in Audulus actually happens simultaneously, and you can’t control the order of execution, it’s often difficult to get things to occur in the necessary sequence. You might find this collection of counters and such useful.

1 Like

I think you missed my question above, @robertsyrett. I was trying to clarify the trigger input on the drum fill sequencer. My red dot won’t progress along the spline.

1 Like

Just a simple short gate. This is a triggered event that produces one bar of gate output, so I envisioned it being triggered once every 4 bars or something. Here the BPM is being modulated, which changes where the sequencer is in the timeline causing the red dot to jump around discontinuously, i think. Sounds interesting. Maybe it could be turned into a feature somehow.

glitching%20spline

The spline shape on the drum fill generator is also an envelope shape for the “fast” output. But the “slow” output should behave the same when not heavily modulating the BPM.

Sorry about that. Things have been pretty crazy lately.

2 Likes

FM Drum Versatility (Space Force Mix).audulus (2.5 MB)

1 Like

FM Drum Versatility (Moonwalker Mix).audulus (2.4 MB)

1 Like