Basic 2018-gen iPad - is it worth getting for Audulus and music apps in general?

Hello, I’m considering getting this year’s basic iPad, the $329 one. I have a Seaboard Block, and I think it would be cool to have a very compact, standalone, “rig” like this. Potentially it could also be an fx processor for my electric cello, but the question is - can you do a lot creatively with that particular iPad, inside and outside Audulus world?

Is it also true that iOS Audulus experience is much better than on Windows?

1 Like

I’m running Audulus on an iPad Air 2 and find that it is quite capable. It won’t run everything I can run on Audulus on my Mac, but it can run some pretty complex patches. The Windows version has lagged behind the Mac and iOS versions as far as updates are concerned, so at this point the iOS version has some features that the Windows version doesn’t. We do expect an update to the Windows version, but no release date has been set.

3 Likes

I had planned to buy Audulus 4 when released but now I will have to reconsider this purchase knowing that the Windows version will have fewer features than the iOS and Mac versions. My 23" multi-touch screen was waiting for Audulus but now it may have to find other desires. Is there a list of features Auduls/Windows 10 lacks? Thanks for bringing this up.

1 Like

At this point the Windows version doesn’t support SVG graphics or multi-channel I/O, however this should be a temporary issue. I believe the intent is to bring all the platforms to parity. Although I don’t have any inside information, I would certainly expect this to occur well before Audulus 4 is released.

1 Like

stschoen,

If you are right, this is great news!
Faith has been restored!

1 Like