After All, Isn't it About the Music?

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

A brand new episode of the Shadow Wolf radio show presented by Legowelt - lots of fresh new unreleased stuff as broadcasted on Intergalactic FM this December - 2 hours tracklist coming up on www.legowelt.org

IMO, Legowelt is the master of bringing ā€œcomputer musicā€ into the old club scene. A proper curator, he produces tracks that justify and extend themes, tropes, and soundscapes. Perhaps it is his early love for synthesizers mixed with an aim to perform DJ sets at mainstream festivals that makes him forever relevant. Not house music, but electro is the commonality here.

I just put up a dubstep style track I made completely on my iPad with Gadget a few days ago. I hope you will all enjoy it! :slight_smile:

Colors in Static - ElectroDubKitty

3 Likes

Also, this track I just stumbled across on YouTube is straight :fire: and the artist that made it only used the Behringer Neutron, patched many different ways, to make each individual synth layer of the track. I was REALLY impressed! :exploding_head:
(Also, kinda wish I was able to get this Neutron color scheme for the one I bought, instead of the plain red one that everyone is familiar with, cuz the black one looks so dope!)

4 Likes

I think those color options are overlays for the original rather than color options from Behringer. Canā€™t remember where they were being sold though.

2 Likes

ā€œMusic To Come Down To is Tim Heldā€™s 3rd full-length release, but his first entirely composed on a modular synthesizer.ā€

1 Like

OK found it - this place sells them:

https://www.heinakroon.net

2 Likes

There is a large metal plate being played by computer controlled mallets in this one. Pretty epic!

4 Likes

I did a modular jam video using my Microvolt 3900 and my Neutron recently. It was really fun to make, and I like how the sounds turned out. I wanted to share, in case anyone is looking for some fun ambient sounds to listen to while they work on other things (since the video doesnā€™t show a great amount of detail, due to the angle I had to place my cellphone to record what I was doing).

Also, the reason for the title is because I renamed my project ā€œColors in Staticā€ since colors of noise (white, pink, etc.) kinda sounds to me like static, and (if you have read the Sound on Sound synthesis articles about percussion, you will know) these types of noise are used to synthesize percussion sounds.

Now, I just need a DC-coupled interface for I/O of audio and CV, and Iā€™ll be able to do more videos using A3 as an integral part of my work. Check out the video! :blush:

2 Likes

Great video! Glad to see Iā€™m not the only one with a messy desk:
IMG_0115 (1)
I noticed you have a different keyboard for your Mac. I bought a Redragon mechanical keyboard for mine from Amazon. Iā€™ve been very happy with it. I need to replace the windows and alt keycaps with their Mac equivalents but otherwise it works pretty well.

1 Like

3 Likes