After All, Isn't it About the Music?

https://www.latency.fr/catalogue/ritme-jaavdanegi

1 Like

I like that album art.

1 Like

I was pleased to hear that Surgeon uses the LFO sequencing technique.

2 Likes

mmmmmm loves me some Clark

2 Likes

I was checking out the Faderfox products. Wow, that guy has come a long way. I wish I could afford to swap my Traktor Z1 for his DJ4!

Love seeing people using the elektron mk1’s. What do you think about his use of a midi controller to augment the menu dive distractions when performing live?

2 Likes

That is a very compact mixer!

I can relate. I find that staying ‘MIX’ mode is great for performance because you can play the mutes and the scenes, but this means you aren’t able to sweep anything unless you plan ahead. A device like that with the knobs seems to get around that, although I have no idea how he went about setting it up. I am definitely not there yet.

2 Likes
1 Like

My friend just put out a new album with a crazy process.

Monitress’ is a piece for multiple mobile devices, each one running a pitch-tracking app and a synthesizer. Each is sent an audio signal, which the tracking app converts to MIDI data which is then used to drive the synth. Using an analog mixer, the sounds of one mobile can be routed / cascaded among the others. Feedback loops similar to acoustic or electrical feedback occur when you close the circle. The pitch-tracking apps are prone to errors, especially when presented with complex multiphonics or polyphonies; they get quite a few notes fascinatingly wrong. But more striking is the audible reality of their listening to each other. Unison lines are an elemental sign of musical intelligence; we are entrained to emotional reactions when hearing multiple voices attempting the same melody. These machines may not meet our current criterion for consciousness, but every audience I’ve played this piece in front of quickly realizes they’re not listening to a solo.

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Really nice album.

1 Like

1 Like

The 5th studio album from Spearhead Records boss Steve BCee.

Some of these tracks on the album are on a mix above. But here they are, polished and in their pristine, engineered form. #9 Makes a good case as to why Drum and Bass will be around for a hundred years.