Using Audulus with ES-8 on iOS with other apps

hey everyone,

ive been having a lot of fun using the audulus / es-8 combination, my goal is to have a small 84hp rack with a focus on live performance. i use samplr in my current live setup.
anyone know if its possible to run samplr and audulus at the same time ? would audio out of samplr have to come out of one of the es-8 outputs? or is there some way to route the audio out of samplr through the headphone out? wondering if audiobus or aum could do this. any tips would be greatly appreciated

2 Likes

Samplr is no longer being supported with updates as the Dev has started working full time at Apple. I loved that app as well, but I haven’t been using it the past year or so as I anticipate it will be fully obsolete in the near future.

In general, Aum is the best tool for sharing the ES-8 among different apps. But Audulus really does best when it is hogging the ES-8. When I start trying to cram more into the workflow than just Audulus and the modular then I end up spending more time trying to figure out how to make the apps play nicely with each other than making music.

When the Audulus iOS plug-in is updated then it should be a lot more straight-forward to fit Audulus in with other apps, but that project has been in the works for quite a while.

TL;DR Audulus wants to use the ES-8 all by itself, maybe this will change when @taylor gives us an updated plug-in.

2 Likes