Tutorial Request Megathread

Did you want a patching to make music or patching to make modules type of workflow?

1 Like

What shortcuts do you use? I only use cut, copy, paste, and select all.

both, honestly. thanks!

1 Like

re: shortcuts

I come from max for live, so being able to have a quick key to open the module list instead of right click (because trackpad) would be really nice. also, things like “insert oscillator”, etc. would be really helpful. There are a handful of items in the menu that are several layers deep, which would be really nice to just hit ‘n’ (to open a searchable dialog box to add a new item) and type ‘clock’ to have all clock options show up in a quick access menu, use arrows to find the option i want, then hit enter and have the module appear. also, use arrow keys to select different modules already in place, hit spacebar to open up devices, and esc to go back out of said device, etc. coming from a very programatic background (i live in a terminal), i use the mouse cursor as little as possible, whenever possible. i get that the app is very mouse heavy with wiring/routing, so i can understand if this type of workflow doesn’t seem all that necessary, but i’d love to see quick [customizable] keyboard shortcuts to help navigate around the interface.

2 Likes

I am brought back here form the 3 Operator PM Synth post. One thing to think about – if you have an iPad – is that KQ Dixie is only $3.99, has 6 operators and runs all the .syx banks. As far as exploring synthesis goes I find it is nice to move around, interacting with various interpretations of particular kinds of synths.

I am able to run a bunch of AUv3 copies of Dixie at 16 voice polyphony while running other AUv3’s in Cubasis or Beatmaker3 with multiple tracks and effects on an iPad Mini. So it is the most functional synth I use for producing on an iPad because it is so low on CPU.

At the same time, I am learning much more about how it works by patching around in Audulus. I really wish we could export a patch to a locked, optimized plugin. It is an exciting thing to have AUv3 on iOS, but there has to be some way to convert the code into a light iteration.

2 Likes

When you use Audulus as an AUv3, you can just close the window and you’ll save a lot of CPU from that. It’s like running it in the background. You can also set your refresh rate to 60Hz as @stschoen detailed in this post:

https://discourse.audulus.com/t/revisiting-the-crackling-noise/549

I really REALLY wish someone would do a z-1 filter tutorial in Audulus. I can barely understand how this works. Maybe it’s something @robertsyrett can do at some point. It’s my major failing as far as Audulus design goes, and I wish I understood it more so I could make more filters for everyone.

Sequencers and logic-based stuff is definitely more my forte!

3 Likes