SH101-style midi input sequencer

Hi,

Can Audulus “record” midi-input? As in; is it possible to create a SH101-style (or OP-1’s ‘Endless’) sequencer inside Audulus?

Maybe something like: You set a number of steps, then input midi-notes sequentially (with midi-controller) that is stored somehow, and played back by a connected clock. And maybe a button to skip steps, and one to clear out the sequencer…

1 Like

Kind of. You can make resettable sample and hold and then use some switches to create a sequence out of them. But it’s a bit of learning to do that. I would say it’s easier to play to Audulus’ strengths and use it got more generative/probabilistic sequencing and use another app for long, DAW-like melodies.

3 Likes

I’ll try to make it this week - at least an 8-step version :+1:

1 Like
3 Likes

For a long time I thought I wanted a minimoog model D, but it turns out I actually wanted an SH-101. I have a SH-01a now and I really should use it more frequently. I used it a little on Unkai, but this video makes me want to dive a little deeper.

2 Likes

That’d be awesome @biminiroad! :pray:t2:

And i totally agree @robertsyrett. Just wanted to know if it was possible. It it is (without too many workarounds) it would make Audulus approchable from a completely different angle for me. But i really should get a Keystep for this type of sequencing.

2 Likes

The hard part is making the sequencer accommodate 128 steps like the SH-01a, because that takes forever to wire together. But if you can get by with 8-16, and send it gate patterns to extend the possibilities, then you’re gonna have a good time.

1 Like

I made a 16 step basic version - tap the button to enter the sequence and tap it again to let it run. I’ll probably add more and better features to it later, but it’s Thanksgiving and I gotta get cooking!

SH-101 Sequencer v0.1.audulus (429.9 KB)

1 Like

I ordered the Branes clone of Yarns just so I could get the midi from an electron A4, but I just decided to read the Yarns manual and it has an SH101 seq. Never actually used one, should be fun.

1 Like

Dude, there is so much functionality buried in yarns. It can also do euclidean rhythms and even has a simple oscillator you can use for reference or for music.

1 Like