Mutable Instruments Plaits Audulus Drum Machine

Poduar Modcast Demo 2.audulus (706.2 KB)

This video is a short demonstration of Audulus’ power to sequence the Mutable Instruments Plaits as if it were a drum machine using an Expert Sleepers ES-8.

Audulus sequences the CV changes for pitch and model to Plaits and triggers it in patterns.

You could do this with another hardware sequencer, but it would require at least 3 separate lanes to sequence everything. With enough outputs, you can even take control of every single Plaits parameter on a per-step basis.

You can also effect your drums on a per-step basis, sending your hat to a delay while you send you kick to an overdrive.

This video also features the Roland 512 VCO and 505 VCF, as well as the Erica Synths Fusion Tube Mixer.

2 Likes

The next demo of this sequencer I do will use more outputs from the ES-3 to sequence the module more fully!

You should upload that song to bandcamp. Tip top!

1 Like

Thanks man! I just might :slight_smile: My wife said the chord changes are too slow and boring, but I disagreed lol!

1 Like

Sounds like she would like to make a dance remix :dancing_women::dancer::dancing_women:

I quite like the laid back tempo.

They remind me of one of my favorite pieces of all time:

Contemplative and serene with intermittent flurries.

You should label where the outputs are headed and reupload the audulus patch, I would like to try this patch out on my system as well.

1 Like

Here ya go!

Poduar Modcast Demo 2 (Labeled).audulus (707.9 KB)

1 Like

Reposted here.

2 Likes

I did the thing!

3 Likes

Amazing! I think I like your version better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well it was definitely a lot of fun making it. I ran the chords through the Gristlizer VCA and sent that a euclidean pattern from Pamela’s New Workout. I was ring modulating one channel of the Plait’s drums with a bermuda as well as occasionally FM-ing Plaits with the same signal. The drums were then sent to the PM Verbtronic digital reverb and I messed around with that. The lead voice was the Atlantis oscillators running into the Polaris which then ran into the chronoblob. The chronoblob was synced to the tempo has a “hold” function and I was sending that a slow gate pattern to make stutter glitch edits.

1 Like

When this was playing, I lost track and thought about my life. Then I wondered what was playing and I remembered that it was this remix track. The reverb sounds like it was recorded in an actual space at times. Buttery distortion, with dust in it.

3 Likes

This is brilliant! Until I got an ES-8, I had enough sequencing ability in-rack to do model changes OR triggers on my Plaits, but not both. Now seeing this demo I don’t regret selling my Peaks :slight_smile:

1 Like