Module Category Rules

The Modules Category is a place for you to post and download Audulus modules.

There are a few rules for this category. Please read and respect them.

1. Post modules in appropriate categories.

Post your oscillators under VCO, filters under VCF, LFOs under Modulation, etc. If you do not post in the correct category, I will recategorize them for you.

2. Post only completed modules.

This category is meant only for completed modules that are ready to use. If you have a work in progress that you want to share to get feedback or advice, post them the Building Help subcategory under the Support category. Incomplete modules will be recategorized.

3. One topic per module - use top post for version control.

So you’ve updated a module that you already posted? Great! Just don’t start a new topic just for the new version.

Go into your original first post and edit it. I suggest editing the first post because if you post the new version in a comment, it will likely get buried.

If you like the first version, by all means keep it there. It’s good to be able to see how modules evolve.

Once you’ve edited the first post, you can bump your post with a comment at the bottom telling people you’ve uploaded a new version.

4. Do not put version numbers in module titles.

Do your versioning in the body of the first post and feel free to bump the topic so that people see you have a new version available.

5. Documentation is required.

You must explain what the module does and how to use it. Points for going the extra mile and creating feature tables. Modules without documentation will be temporarily recategorized to Building Help until you write an adequate rundown of how to use it.

Ideally, you would also put your documentation inside your modules. A node-by-node breakdown of how your module works with a summary at the top is best.

6. Modules must conform to Audulus signal standards.

To ensure that any user can pick up and use your module easily, make sure you use standardized inputs and outputs. You can read more about signal standardization in this tutorial.

7. Demos are not required but strongly recommended.

Please include a demo that shows off your module, even if it’s just an LFO or simple utility module. It doesn’t have to be big or fancy, but you spent all this time creating the module and posting about it, why not go a little further and make it easy for people to discover what’s so great about it!

Follow these rules!

These rules exist to make sure this category with so many subcategories doesn’t become too overwhelming.

This is your user library. The more organized it is, the easier it is to explore.

If you break one of these rules, nothing bad will happen to you. I will simply recategorize your post and maybe follow up with a message explaining what I did.

1 Like