Loading/importing existing A4 patches into the AU plugin in Logic Pro

Hi. So I finally upgraded my iMac to Ventura and installed A4. Interstingly, the A4 AU plugin initially failed validation in Logic Pro but resetting and rescanning within Logic’s Plugin Manager achieved validation.

My ‘dumb’ question is this. I could not see a way to load my existing patches (stored in my iCloud from creation on my iPad) into the AU plugin. The MacOS standalone app can ‘see’ them but there does not seem to be a way to load these same patches from within the AU plugin.

So I loaded a patch into the standalone A4 and did a copy/paste to load into the AU plugin - is that the only approach or am I being ‘dumb’? Having created a working patch in the AU plugin I can see I can use the Export feature to save to my iCloud A4 folder. But there is no Import feature that I can see to load existing A4 patches.

Cheers and thanks for any guidance…

1 Like

Did you ever find out how to use Audulus4 as a logic X plugin? – I got as far as you (including the necessity to re-validate the plugin in Logic) but then stopped as without this workflow I’m not sure I can use it for anything serious - tho’ its deadly cool bit of kit and sounds great. I’ve tried putting patches where the plugin looks for them but can’t load any. Yet to try making patches from within the plugin ui – which seems to have different modules and nodes compared to the standalone. Is this a separate product? Confused am I.

1 Like

Yes I did

First it’s a good idea to enable Stage Manager - see MacOS Finder help if you don’t know how to do that via the Control Panel.

Load Audulus 4 on a new Software Instrument track.

In the MacOS Finder open your folder that contains your Audulus presets/patches; in my case that’s on my iCloud Drive. Then drag and drop the patch you want to open in the Audulus 4 plugin window.

You’ve given me an idea … I will make a short video showing how I do this and ut on my YT channel - give me a couple of days

Hope this helps…

1 Like

As promised here is a short video from my YouTube channel showing how to load an existing Audulus patch into Logic Pro’s AU plugin. It also shows how to record the output of a generative (non-MIDI) preset.

If you find this useful please consider subscribing to my channel…