If you are on an iOS device like an iPad or iPhone you’ll need to follow these steps to download patches from this forum.
Once you have your iOS device set up to download Audulus files, you will only need to tap on the file and open the shortcut to download it.
- Download the Shortcuts app from the app store. It’s free and it’s an official Apple app. If you do not have iOS 12, you will be prompted to download an old version of the app called Workflow. The next steps are essentially the same for both.
- Open the Shortcuts app and tap on the Gallery tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Essentials heading and swipe over until you see the Download File shortcut. Tap on it and then tap Get Shortcut.
- Open up the forum and log in. Find a patch you want to download and tap on it.
- When you tap on it, the patch will appear as a wall of text. Tap the share button in your browser (the box with an arrow poking out of it) and select Shortcuts, then Download File. Note: You may have to enable Shortcuts app by pressing the …More icon. You can then move the Shortcuts icon over by tapping and holding the icon and dragging it to the beginning of the list.
- You will then be prompted with where you want to save the file - on your iCloud Drive or directly on your device. Press Add in the top right corner. You can now open the patch in Audulus.
.zip files like the ones found here must be downloaded to the Files app and unzipped there before opening in Audulus.
The reason this process is necessary is because Discourse forums aren’t set up to tell the iOS software that
.audulus files are meant to be downloaded and opened in Audulus, rather than as a text file in the browser. We are working on getting our files to open natively, but Discourse does not seem to be in a hurry to help us out.
Even if this solution isn’t ideal, it is straightforward and will work easily. Once you do it a couple times, it will become second nature. You might even find the Shortcuts app useful for other things you do on your iOS device.