Hordijk Dual Envelope

Here’s a new Audulus 4 version based on the multimode envelope in the Audulus library. (It’s been a good deal easier this time round with all the improvements that have been made since A3, and having the multimode version to build on.)

To sum up what’s previously been covered in this thread:

The main feature of envelope A is the ‘Trigger’ mode that allows the attack stage of the envelope to complete before letting further gates through.

There’s a second decay for the sustain section of the envelope. If the fader for the second decay (the sustain section of the envelope) is set to it’s highest point, then the sustain will be constant at the level set by the sustain (S) fader. At first I was unsure if the extra stage added unneccesary complexity (from a user point of view) but now, having it in place and having played around with it a bit I think it adds a really nice touch – especially when using it with keyboard input and playing long sustained chords, for example. Something akin to the slow decay of a piano note.

The main feature of envelope B is the ‘Repeat’ mode in which the envelope is re-triggered as soon as the decay stage is completed, independent of the incoming gate. In this mode it can also reach audio rates. (Hordijk also has a modulation control for the envelope B decay, which I, for the sake of simplicity, haven’t included.)

Envelope B also has a bipolar output in addition to its regular modulation output, which can be useful for filter or oscillator modulations, or for use as a sound source in itself.

A sample and hold circuit (clocked by the gate input) is included as an aid to modulating the envelopes (since one would otherwise need very slow LFOs to effectively modulate the various envelope stages).

Since envelope B can continue independently it can also be fun to do things like alter its attack and decay with an LFO via the inbuilt S&H – in this way each note triggered from the keyboard gets its own speed of filer modulation.

RH-RM Dual Env v2.1.audulus4 (474.7 KB)

RH-RM Dual Env v2.1_KBD.audulus4 (475.2 KB)