Critter and Guitari's Oganelle

I already loved the concept of a portable synth that could run Pd patches but this animation is too charming. I might save up for this one!

2 Likes

I would definitely consider one if it was cheaper, but there are a few other things on my wish list that I’d like to get first

2 Likes

Yes, but can it sample on the fly? :rofl:

1 Like

In fact it can! Both as a granular texture-maker and as a looper.

That looks very interesting!
I’ve been kind of staying away from their stuff because I now I would like them and they don’t come out cheap… But this one might have made it to my interest list! :slight_smile:
Anybody has experience with Pure Data?

1 Like

Pure Data is like the super duper wonket 1990’s free version of Audulus. Personally I find it to be like pulling teeth, but many great ideas have come to life because of Pure Data.

This album is all pure Data

Yeah, the open source / big community aspect of it got my interest, but the UI puts me off a bit…
Anyways, my current iPad + 1 row of eurorack (ES-8 powered) makes for a somewhat portable setup and years of fun and creative options!
I’m just hoping for some sampling nodes in A4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I’m being rational, I have my bases completely covered in the synthesizer department. But it’s such an interesting product I can’t help but want one. Especially with those cartoon characters.

Fortunately I have re-fallen in love with my Digitone so the GAS has dissipated for the time being.

Yes, the Digitone looks good! (Which is also maybe why I’m trying to stay away from it :upside_down_face:)
Also, back to comparing Pd, Max, Audulus, I really like that there’s no distinction between audio signals and data signals in Audulus.
To me it makes for a much smoother workflow and also very similar to actual modular hardware.

2 Likes