Audulus AUv3 is in Beta Now!

https://instagram.com/p/BkdeP6tgjgl/

It’s alive!!! Thanks @balph for helping make the AUv3 a reality.

All you beta testers - it’s internal only at the moment. You’ll get a notification soon when it’s ready for you to try out! I will let @taylor know by end of today if it’s working properly on all my iOS devices then it’s off to you.

Only tested in AUM at the moment will let people know about other DAWs.

You can also use Audulus in the effect slot and use a MIDI generator like Roseta Sequencer to send MIDI to Audulus and then - in the EFFECT slot - create your synth and effects and send it on down the line. And YES you can use multiple instances of Audulus effect of course!

8 Likes

Any update on how the AU Beta process is progressing?

1 Like

We have to do a lot of rethinking for the menu system for adding modules and how it will work within the AUv3. It works great in AUM right now but we can’t get it working well in Garageband and Audiobus yet. Not sure the ETA, though.

Sounds good, I can see how the UI for an Audulus AU is more challenging than for most other apps.

2 Likes

It’s just good to know it’s progressing. Keep up the good work guys!

1 Like

Kind of stuck. I want to be able to use the ES-8 in a midi host, but also with Audulus as a plugin – dividing the inputs and outputs accordingly. I take it the AUv3 will resolve this?

1 Like

Yep! It will.

Any clarification on the ETA for AUv3 in Audulus?

It’s been six months since the initial post without any specifics on when we can expect to see it.

Will the resolution of the new iPad Pro iOS audio bugs help speed things along or are there other roadblocks along the way?

1 Like

We’re hoping to have it out pretty soon! We ran into some roadblocks implementing the library search and general UI stuff, but it’s being ironed out now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Per the other thread on this topic. AUv3 won’t be added to Audulus 3 due to some issues found in the beta testing and will instead be added to the first release of Audulus 4. I look forward to Audulus 4 as it will add significant new features.

3 Likes

Any estimates on release date for version 4?

1 Like

Sometime this year :slight_smile:

2 Likes