Yeah it should go after seconds - it might still click at some tempos if it’s not cut off at some point.
at that point you just run the signal through a slew, but this is fine now.
Good point - I did it that way cause you’d mentioned you didn’t think the slew was good in the delay module, but I suppose it would be a good fit here!
Yeah, but there is still a slew module, right? I meant just inserting another module. But an occasional click is fine with me.
It’s all about getting clicks when you expect it, like abruptly change the time, and smooth changes when you want.
yeah - putting it in this module would make more sense. would be fun to modulate these subdivisions too. you see the reset on the master clock? thank @stschoen for that - it works like a charm.
Audulus 3 Library WIP FINAL DRAFT v3.zip (735.7 KB)
This version contains many, many little bugfixes, including upgraded counters on the sequencers.
I’m through with Clock documentaiton, working on Drums today!
Here are the accompanying example patches
Module Examples.zip (1.8 MB)
I definitely need to use this one more.
I have noticed a couple of things in the Reface Library.
The Neo-Reimannian Tirad -Transformer module doesn’t load right.
The uSnare doesn’t seem to respond to fast triggers or there is some gating issue I think.
There are alot of modules that could still be added. Also, since all the work went into documentation, etc., this should really be pinned to the main page of the forum, no? Even within the thread you have to hunt around for things. Personally, I slept on the reface library in my workflow a lot of the time because I didn’t have it on my quick menu on the MacBook.
The reface was still a work in progress when @biminiroad decided to pursue a career in real estate. At this point I’m not sure if he has the time or inclination to pursue it further. Exactly what shape the Library in A4 will take is yet to be determined. Of course you can add the library to the context menu on your MacBook by placing it in the modules folder you haven’t already done so. I’ll have a look at the Neo-Reimannian module and the uSnare as soon as I get a chance.
I had a look at the Neo-Reimannian Triad Transformer and it seems to be working OK other than a mis-wire on the reset input. This is based on a module I built ages ago. Mark redid the UI and added a 1/oct input. Here’s a demo and also the original module
Neo-Reimannian Triad Transformer demo.audulus (160.0 KB) [Neo-Riemannian Transformer.audulus|attachment](upload://yrRWc0iqTianLSyuakIFALqyXKw.audulus) (90.4 KB)
@futureaztec I went back and corrected the issue you pointed out in my Mono/Poly Snare drum patch a while ago that was preventing drum rolls. I think it should be good now. Can you test it out and lemme know if it works for your purposes?
I like the sound but even though the gate registers a roll, the output seems limited to a conservative fraction.
Cool, thanks for getting back to me. I will see what I can do to fix that for you. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have some downtime later today. I am currently pulling an all nighter to finish packing up my apartment to make sure all is ready for the movers tomorrow and just took a short break here to check in and rest my exhausted mind for a few minutes.
Thought you might enjoy this variation on the Neo-Reimannian Transform I put together for a track I’m working on. Hit START to start. The patch resets after it fades out but there’s also a reset button. To adjust the master volume move the start knob on the FADE OUT envelope. It’s pretty CPU heavy.
random bell chords.audulus (1.8 MB)
I figured it out. I figured it would be related to the gate smear, but I was WAY too tired this morning to look at it when I messaged you back. It has been fixed, I set the gate smear with a constant at what I feel is the optimal for drumrolls. You can drop it down lower, but it seems like 10% is the threshold where below that, it just doesn’t sound like itself any longer, due to the rapid fire nature of the rolls. I guess I should also mention that the higher the gate smear is, the better the drum sound ends up being. Adjust as you see fit and let me know if this fixed the issue for you.
Mono:Poly Snare Drumrolls 1200bpm.audulus (70.4 KB)
Korg Mono:Poly Snare Drum Concept_v1.4.audulus (44.8 KB)
Yeah it now works on the drum pad. It seems like there may be an issue with the pitch though.
That’s a fairly astonishing patch.
Thxs. It’s the intro to a piece I’m working on. I finally got a chance to sit down with the Audulus, the ES-8 and the hardware synths and I’m trying to develop a decent workflow using Ableton Live. The clip-based approach is nice but gets a bit awkward if you’re routing MIDI in and out and trying to capture audio rather than MIDI clips. It is nice to finally have more than two channels of I/O for Audulus.
Oh how I wish this was an option for me, right now lol. I envy the heck out of you guys that have racks and multiple channels of I/O already in possession. I have a plan in my head, but this transitional phase of my life to another locale and opportunity is really killing my plans for making this home built Toolbox Rack setup happen. I am so anxiously waiting for it to be over.