I’m looking for some confirmation/clarification on the midi functionality for the Mac Audio Unit/Mac App to see if I’m missing anything, and hoping to document for others. Here’s what I’ve gathered/worked out so far:
Audio Unit on Mac:
- Receives one channel - channel 1.
- Does not support MIDI CC. (i.e. a patch configured with MIDI CC will not receive that information from the host, and MIDI Learn does not either)
- There is no cross-talk between AU instances. One track’s midi is not detected by another track’s midi as expected.
- There is a roadmap for AU on Mac (not sure if AUv3 references in forum mean both iOS and macOS)
Application on Mac
- Receives signal on designated channel (i.e. Midi receiver for channel 11 receives Channel 11)
- Midi CC is across all channels
- Midi Note Learn (e.g. for a midi trigger) is channel specific
- The AU works in Logic as above without crashes (macOS 10.13.5 , Logic Pro 10.4.1, Audulus 3.5.2 (101))
- Live crashes when closing a session with a track containing Audulus AU loaded (macOS 10.13.5 , Ableton Live 10.0.2, Audulus 3.5.2 (101)).
- Closing the session before closing Live causes a crash.
- Have I correctly summarized current/future state?
- Am I missing anything?
Something documented like the above would be useful standalone and/or in the manual. I’m happy do some community documentation. Please let me know what works.
P.S. Audulus is an excellent program (cross platform, wonderful UI, super flexible). Thanks!