Announcement: No Windows/Linux version of Audulus 4

Thanks for this update. I was just about to buy the Windows version, but I guess not! I have it on an iPad Pro and Audulus is a very welcome addition to that platform.

My main platform is Windows. I use Studiomux, a tool that turns my iPad into a Windows vst and lets me use iOS synths and effects in Windows. I haven’t tried Audulus yet in that setting (I just bought it yesterday) but will be interested to see if that’s an avenue for integrating Audulus into a Windows production environment.

2 Likes

I use Studiomux on my Mac and I’ve been pretty happy with it. Latency can be a bit of an issue in some cases, but overall I find it’s a useful tool.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip about this studiomux thing!

3 Likes

That’s a shame. I can understand needing to keep development more streamlined though. I hope you reconsider one day. :slight_smile:

I think the use case for these is wider. Touch screen support on windows is better and this goes well with the ios version. Also we are now starting to see lots of micro high powered diy PC devices coming out which could potentially run audulus in custom hardware boxes.

FWIW, supporting niche-software on multiple platforms is a tough tough ask both from the coding and the development side. Supporting 4 platforms and doing them all well is really tough and often not financially feasible for a small shop.

3 Likes