A4: Edit module mode Q?

The docs show an unlocked icon when in edit module mode. For me, when I am able to move and edit modules the edit modules menu item isn’t checked and the icon is the locked padlock doesn’t that seem backwards? Here’s a video of what I’m seeing.

1 Like

Those are nodes you’re editing - get a module from the create module menu and toggle it again. It allows you to arrange the UI of the module. Let me know if you have any more questions! :slight_smile:

Thanks but that still doesn’t make any sense. When the padlock is locked I can move nodes. When the padlock is unlocked I cannot move the nodes?

It does make sense, you’re just not understanding the purpose of it.

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 10.47.17 PM

You see those boxes around everything? When things are unlocked, you can move them around on the UI of a module. This is how you create the UI of modules. This mode locks nodes because when you’re using it, you’re focused on the UI of a module, not moving nodes around.

It also prevents you from moving the module itself, which is very helpful when you are trying to move things on its UI - that is, to not accidentally move the module itself.

Hope that clarifies it! :slight_smile: