Hey guys! I finally finished my complete bass synth module. Perhaps a few months later than when I promised it would be done, but better late than never, right? Let me know what you think. I put a lot of hours into making this thing sound good, so I hope some of you will like it and find a good use for it. Also, if anything doesn’t work right or if you have a proposed addition you think I should make, please also let me know. I hope you are all staying safe, happy, and healthy during this difficult time in our world. Be well everyone!
Edit: This is now v1.2, based on some suggestions made by @stschoen, which I think make it better than it was. However, as I was about to post, I read @robertsyrett’s reply, and the perfectionist in me will have a v1.3 in the next day or two
Anyway, while I am working on that, check out my improvements, as I added a volume knob, straightened out some poly to mono signal changes I hadn’t intended to create, which corrected some signal loss, and I made it truly stereo, whereas it was not before. Also added some pretty lights into outputs 1 and 2 Check it out, I think it sounds a lot better today, post-improvements!
Edit for v1.3: Okay, so I think I have worked out all the kinks, at this time. I addressed the hot signal, the detune amount has been changed to be a spread of only 0.2 between positive and negative, as opposed to 0.5, which I think keeps it sounding better overall, and also, the white wire of doom from resonance that @robertsyrett mentioned have all been fixed. Resonance has been scaled down by just 1% and it still has the squeal you can induce by cranking it all the way up, but it does not seem to lock up the module or patch now. I also added some inputs to it, as I figured that more people might want to use it with a sequencer and a clock, without having to make massive modifications to make it happen. @stschoen I invite you to check it out at this time. I think you will like the enhancements and give it your stamp of approval I hope everyone will. Stay safe, everyone and all the best to you and your families.
Edit v1.4: I made another new version which corrected an issue where turning down the att/dec to zero would cause clicks of the filter, kinda like when you would get clicks with a modeled VCA with the env at absolute 0. I also further tuned the detune to lessen the chances of making a horrible sound from the far negative and positive of the knob lol. Just incremental changes, really, so maybe this should have been v1.3.1, but eh, this is just simpler. Let me know if there are any other bugs or changes that need to be addressed. Also, if you end up making something super dope, like @robertsyrett, post it up in the thread, as I’d love to see if/how it is being used. Have a great night everyone!