Somnambulist Songbook

Here are some abstract mellow tunes I made with Audulus, MI Plaits, Piano, and various other instruments.

Hope everyone is having a chill weekend :wink:

5 Likes

I wanted to ask:

Most of what I seem to be making has to do with snappy drums and dirty kicks, lots of low end. It almost feels like I am trying to coax music out of my rack, but in order to do that I have to learn how to generate it with various modules and techniques. I am enjoying the pace of it, and I spend a lot of time with @stschoen’s quantize modules and the rest. I don’t want to jump into melodies I don’t stand behind.

So what I was wondering is if other people tend to start out this way, and the music comes as the knowledge comes so that, over time, everything gets more elegant – even if it is minimal or ‘dark’?

I am sure there are many idiosyncratic reasons, like I am not a trained musician. But as a person who is not ‘trained’, I am enjoying not having to play things I don’t like. ITs slow but feels authentic.

Thanks for inspiring the interest in melodies. Fantastic stuff.

2 Likes

The Green Daruma series is an exploration to peaceful and serine music with dreamy weird synth sounds. So I start with that frame of mind. But it’s just a small part of what I do as far as musical exploration. I say keep making music, and eventually the ideas come together. They don’t have to be elegant or anything.

Thanks for giving it a listen and providing some feedback :slight_smile:

I will make a point of uploading some more uptempo stuff with snappy snares next though. :drum::drum:

1 Like

Finally had a chance to sit down and listen to the whole album. Excellent work as always! What did you use for the accordion sound?

1 Like

Thanks for listen :smiley:

That would be the toy accordion pictured in the photograph but pitched down an octave :musical_keyboard::musical_keyboard::musical_keyboard::musical_keyboard::musical_keyboard::musical_keyboard:

1 Like

This is excellent! Have it on repeat while I’m doing Audulus documentation, making time go by :slight_smile: It’s really playful and has some great moments with the piano, especially in the first tune.

2 Likes