[Resolved] Broken iOS Forum Downloads

The forum is broken again for me. Now my Shortcut automation which used to download patches on my phone and tablet is no longer working.

It just keeps downloading a text based file, or it will give me the error that no URL was passed as an argument. Nothing has changed in my approach. Can someone more gifted with API programming tell me what might be happening here?
:thinking::confused::flushed:

@Taylor do you have any idea what could be happening here?

Unfortunately, discourse hasn’t been good to us when it comes to sharing patches. It’s not something I have time to look into right now, I’m afraid.

I figured it out. Somehow, I had 2 versions of the download script existing in my devices. The one on my iPad was good, and something about the one of my iPhone was not. This is the good one, in case anyone else has the same trouble downloading modules.
Download this to import into Shortcuts and run it from the share sheet when opening a forum file :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Commenting to renew this posted ^fix^ in case anyone else keeps experiencing what I do

I am so glad I posted this when I figured it out. Somehow, I keep having the workflow on my iPhone break down and error out with a message about no URL passed as input. Each time that happens, I just come back here and re-import the file I linked above, answer ‘yes’ when it asks me about if I want to overwrite the one I have, and my ability to download forum posted patches and modules comes back. For once in my life, past Stephen was looking out for future Stephen! :partying_face:

1 Like

Thanks for bumping this. The script recently started to throw exactly the same error for me, but I didn‘t remember this thread existed.
Redownloading the script fixed this problem.
(It looks like it had updated itself for some reason)

I guess past Stephen was looking out for me too :smile:

1 Like