Ratcheting Sequencer Work in Progress

Not sure if this is helpful in the overall context of the sequencer, but here is a counter that automatically reverses direction.

start to stop autoreversing count.audulus (25.4 KB)

1 Like

This is PERFECT thank you!

1 Like

8 Step Ratcheting Sequencer v0.2.1.audulus (692.3 KB)

@robertsyrett I haven’t implemented your clock yet - I took a break to redesign the supersaw oscillator to be a little more random and less phasey - here’s the results, with some UI improvements on the sequencer.

2 Likes

yeah, now it’s less static!

1 Like

Here’s the quantizer I came up with. It has an input for the type of scale where 0 - chromatic, 1- major, 2- natural minor, 3 - harmonic minor, 4 - major pentatonic, 5 - minor pentatonic. The root note input is 0 for C, 1 for C#, 2 for D etc. It uses the 1 per octave standard where 0 is A440. It has a test rig which will allow you to test the output. It uses about half the CPU of the uQuant.

multi-scale quantizer.audulus (33.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you @stschoen! :slight_smile:

Just curious, did you edit those in a text editor and copy and paste them into the expression node? I find I get lost with that many parentheses.

1 Like

I had been using the bottom formulation for stuff here and there not realizing it uses so much more CPU!

Check this out:

1 Like

Unfortunately copy and paste doesn’t seem to work for the expression editor. I had to count them manually.

2 Likes

You can actually cut - so cmd+x will work. And you can paste too!

Also, I talked with Taylor about a more fully featured text editor for A4, so hopefully this won’t be a thing in the future. Maybe we can even have a more “programming-friendly” one that highlights brackets and gives a warning sign when they’re incomplete.

1 Like

Like iTerm in Adulus???

2 Likes

Here’s a latch circuit that might be useful for the reset.
20%20PM
When the reset input goes high, reset out will go high when the clock is high. No clocks will pass through until reset goes low and the clock goes low.
sequencer reset.audulus (16.7 KB)

1 Like

Yeah! But don’t get too excited, it just popped into my head now, I’ll throw it on the pile of suggestions though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess copy is the only command that doesn’t work. I just assumed that since copy didn’t work, neither would cut and paste.

That seems to be functionally equivalent to a linear pan node I have. But way more complicated. Am I missing something?

sequencer reset compared to linear pan.audulus (28.8 KB)

1 Like

try using the edit command in the menu while text is highlighted rather than the keyboard command shortcut.

1 Like

If you put the clock on slow speed and switch back and forth with the button you’ll see they act a little differently. Not sure yet if it will matter for the sequencer, but I’ll take a look.

2 Likes

Ah, it prevents bits of clock from slipping through.

2 Likes

Yes the circuit is designed so that if the input clock is high when reset goes low, it won’t cause a clock pulse on the clock out. When reset in goes high, the clock out is blocked. Reset out goes high when reset and clock in both go high. After reset drops, the clock also has to drop before it will pass the clock through. This way you get a clocked reset but the first clock to the sequencer is the one after the reset so that it doesn’t skip step 1.

2 Likes