Multi-Cable?

Has anyone thought of or made some sort of 4 in 1 type cable? Maybe this would have a square output light box that always sorted the multiple signal paths from top left, clockwise around. In the case of a sequencer you would then have 4 gate-type variables that you could patch off the face for each channel without cluttering things up. It might also come in 8, 16, and 32 sizes and work something like optical or Spdif.

2 Likes

Yeah! You can use the mono to quad node to combine 4 into 1 and you can use the quad to mono node to split the signal back out again.

I usually use this to run many sequences through a sequencer.

Another way you can work the same idea is converting decimal numbers into binary numbers to convert many gate sequences into a single value. That’s a mechanic used in the STS uQuant and my Decimal Pattern Sequencer, but I don’t usually use it for combining gate sequencers because I don’t usually process gates in parallel. It could be fun though. It’s definitely something worth exploring.

Beautiful Noise Ring.audulus (869.1 KB)

08%20AM

2 Likes

Also in the future you won’t be limited to just 4 poly signals! This will be big for making big patches quickly once implemented.

2 Likes

That would also be an easy way to make presets for modules.

What about a preset module?

Joking…! :joy:

1 Like

I have a condition where I watch videos like this and I am deconstructing them into Audulus modules in my head. “I could recreate this interface with some switches and a counter!”

There have been various attempts in the past, most of which are based on the spline node and are hampered by being imprecise to set up. Another issue is you can’t update the knob position displayed when you change a preset so having presets usually is a trade-off with manual settings.

So much drool over Chase Bliss pedals…

1 Like

I used the quad to make chaining sequencers practical. I really could have used a couple more channels. It’s also very useful for encoding chords.

1 Like

You can send more than 4 signals down a poly connection if you are willing to sacrifice some resolution… e.g. separating the integer and fractional parts of a number gives you two values down a single connection…

See attached patch for an example…

8to8_data_transmit.audulus (8.8 KB)

5 Likes

thanks for this! i used this design on a hi hat sequencer.