Mic node

Hi I was wondering If you could help me figure something out I’m trying to figure out how to make the mic node stay at zero until it gets triggered by the input from a synth in my daw so it can trigger A pitch shift to make a turntable slowing down effect

Pitch shift.audulus (1.5 KB)

In the patch you posted the timer node will be reset any time the input to the node drop to zero or below. Since the audio wave from your synth goes above and below zero it will constantly reset the node. The first step to solving this is to use an envelope follower node. This will produce a positive output when fed an audio signal. Next you will need an expression to set a threshold to avoid re-triggering the timer from stray noise on the input. I used 0.1 as the value but you may need to adjust it. Now, when there is an audio signal greater than the threshold it will reset the timer node and the spline will run to the end. Note that you can also use the ADC and DAC nodes instead of the mike and speaker nodes.
Modified Pitch shift.audulus (2.5 KB)

1 Like

That’s awesome thank you. What is EF though?

1 Like

Envelope follower I see it now thank u

1 Like

I just chose that as a variable name. It stands for envelope follower but you could have used “x” or “y” or any other name.

1 Like

You might find this useful: The Audulus Expression Node

1 Like

I was trying to make a new post on the thread but it wouldn’t let me. I was actually had a question about FM synthesis… I was wondering what the most basic FM synth set up would look like between two occilators One being a modulator and one being a carrier???

1 Like

The simplest way to achieve this would probably be using the Bahama VCO from the library:
simple FM.audulus (134.1 KB)

However, if you are looking for the simplest way to build a 2 oscillator FM setup with nodes, I would suggest something like this:
bare bones FM.audulus (6.3 KB)

1 Like

Hey @Thornez! Since you bring up FM, I figured this would be a good link to share with you. This is a mega thread, related to all things FM/PM, which was started by @robertsyrett, who is a true master of FM concepts. You can find a lot of good info there

He has also posted some videos to YouTube in the ‘Know Your Nodes’ video series he created for new users, as well as a few standalone videos about it, iinm. I would recommend checking out that thread and asking any more specific questions there, and you should be able to get quick answers, if you have anything else that @J031 didn’t already answer for you above. I hope this helps! :smiley:

https://discourse.audulus.com/t/fm-synthesis-megathread/1971?u=stevo3985

2 Likes

Ok thanks I’m gonna check everything out

2 Likes