I want to share some informatione for you

Hey,

I am thinking how to use Audulus to create long compositions/sets. And I have 2 questions:

1. Could you point me in the direction of how others have solved this problem?
  2. I would like to keep track of time using the gate signal/clock. In other words I would like to have a counter which keeps track of how many beats have elapsed (or any other measure that comes out of the master clock as a gate output) instead of time. So how can I make a counter that starts at 0 and basically counts the times the gate signal is 1 (until I reset it)?

I plan to use this counter by doing things like if counter value = 32, trigger a specific part of a patch.

Please keep in mind that I am not running Audulus inside a DAW, therefore I don’t think the timer from the DAW matters in my case.

Thanks!!

Welcome to the Forum. Great to haver a new user on board.:cowboy_hat_face:

I think you’ll find that this will do approximately what you are interested in.

I decided to use the beat count as the transport portion instead of beats and measures to reduce the complexity somewhat. It has a master clock which is set in beats per minute. The clock outputs a timing bus which contains a quad polyphonic signal carrying the beat as well as a start and reset pulse signal. It also has a clock at a high multiple of the beat which allows the sequencer interface module to output a note clock from 32nd triplets to whole notes. The basic concept is to distribute a start signal to various parts of your patch and by using delays and repeats, control which parts are active at any given time

There are a number of utility timing modules which allow you to trigger a portion of your patch at either a specific transport position or relative to the number of beats since the last start was received or relative to the the number of starts received. There are both delay and repeat modules as well as switches and random modules to control the distribution of the start signal. There are two interface modules which can be used to control sequencers and envelopes. There is also a long period envelope available here:

I documented the modules within the patch, but if you have any questions please feel free to post them or send me a message.

Some more useful building blocks from @stschoen: