Audulus 4 development thread šŸ¤“

There is actually a beta, and much good work is being done right now. Itā€™s definitely taking a while but I expect it is going to be astonishing. Itā€™s more of an operating system than just a plug-in. Hang tight friend!

2 Likes

For Audulus 4 the code was completely rewritten to make it more flexible. Hence itā€™s taking some time :slight_smile:

Is the beta only for friends and family? Cool that it is astonishing.

The Audulus 4 action is all happening on the Discord server :blush: https://discourse.audulus.com/t/audulus-discord-server-and-special-surprise/2597

3 Likes

Hello there,

iā€™m thinking about buying audulus 3, but wonder if v4 will be released soon, so I need some advice if itā€˜s a good time to buy audulus 3 for wait for maybe some months and stick to pd/mobmuplat until then?
will there be an upgrade option?

thank you
nic

Weā€™re closing in on the finish lineā€¦ check out the public beta I posted here: Audulus 4 public beta!

3 Likes

uh, wow :slight_smile: perfect, that was a fast answer :slight_smile: . but :grimacing: will it be available for iphone (6s) too or iPad only?

thanks
nic

Hey sure thingā€¦ iPad only.

Sry for asking again :crazy_face:
this refers to the beta or the final release?

Awesome, I am loving it, Will there be an upgrade price for Audulus 3 owners?

1 Like

Apple doesnā€™t allow upgrade prices, but I will probably do what I did for Audulus 3 and do 50% off when itā€™s released :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sounds cool!

Can anyone on the A4 beta comment on whether CPU use of your old A3 patches seems similar under A4? I would try myself but canā€™t yet upgrade to iOS 14. (I so wish apple made it possible to upgrade the OS and then downgrade by restoring from a backup)

I have actually experienced a pretty drastic increase in DSP/CPU usage to the point where patches I could previously run on an iPhone 6 (in A3) would completely overload the cpu on an iPad pro (2nd gen)
However, no one else seams to have any issues with performance, so I think it somehow might be caused by my iPad (I can only test it on one device).

I wonder if more could chime in. When I asked @taylor on Discord, he seemed to think it would be about the same ā€“ but I recall that others were finding a couple of months ago that the CPU load was higher than in A3.

If I remember right, I was the only one so far to bring this up in the dicord, so that discussion might be what you remenber.
Iā€™d also appreciate some other testers sharing their experiences with CPU usage in A4.

Keep in mind A4 is still in Beta. Iā€™ll do my best to ensure performance parity between A3 and A4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to know. Are there any active beta testers with something like the iPad 6? Hopefully, the parity will be true for devices like that and not just the iPad pro and most recent non-pro iPads :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve fixed the audio performance issues with the A4 beta, and Iā€™ve also been working on a new faster renderer for the UI. Code is here if anyoneā€™s curious :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How do you manage beta feedback? Iā€™m having fun so far with the beta of A4, and Iā€™m writing down lots of comments, mostly about usability issues or wishes. Is there an ā€œAudulus 4 nodesā€ section, with each node type in A4 a topic, where I could maybe post my feedback so Iā€™m not reinventing the wheel?

1 Like