Audulus 4 development thread šŸ¤“

Totally understoodā€¦but you canā€™t blame me for being impatient when youā€™ve got us all so hyped up about version 4ā€¦ :grin:

2 Likes

AUM has the support for multioutput AU plugins now, so I guess that makes it ready for Audulus 4)

UPD: Iā€™m ready, too)

5 Likes

Update!

We are now working on the MacOS Audio Unit, iOS Module Browser, and iOS Inspector :slight_smile:

Contemplating a public beta for the iOS version so we really can iron out the bugs before release.

9 Likes

Iā€™m game! Although Iā€™m probably not advanced enough user.

1 Like

I am up for A4 iOS beta

1 Like

Hi @stevo3985. I still have not forgotten about my possibly impossible hunch about hacking the delays for use in ā€œsampling.ā€ I found this post this morning and I thought you might find it interesting.

1 Like

I checked that out the other day when you sent it to me. Sorry I didnā€™t have time to reply. Itā€™s been a busy few days. I downloaded the module and the demo, and I look forward to having some time to explore later this week! Thanks for getting back to me and keeping my questions in mind :smiley:

1 Like

I would be happy to participate in the iOs version. I have an iPhone XS and an earlier version of the iPad Pro.

Iā€˜d also like to participate in the iOs beta.
I use Audulus on an iPhone 6 and an iPad pro (2nd gen).

A public beta would mean anyone can try out the beta :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I would love to be in for the iOS versioni

2 Likes

First iOS beta is up. Weā€™ll need to do a bit more work before a public beta :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Is the Midi Fighter Twister fully functional with it? Ie., do we have MIDI back and fourth?

give us a sneak peek of it already)))

2 Likes

I kept picturing the midi fighter twister but with some sort of display. Faderfox made it. It would be so nice to be able to assign knobs and have the knob names come up on display. Is this a good candidate for an Audulus 4 controller?

Looks pretty cool. The display could be very useful. From the brief overview I looked at, it looks to be quite flexible. There isnā€™t any position feedback on the knobs themselves, but the display can be used to provide knob position although you then lose the knob label. I still would prefer an individual display for each knob but that would certainly make it more expensive.

1 Like

Itā€™ll temporarily show the value youā€™re at while youā€™re adjusting. I have one that I use for my Fh-2 and Iā€™m going to start messing with it for audulus, too! It doesnā€™t save CC values when you cycle power, at least that Iā€™ve figured out yet, but I know thereā€™s sysex import/export functionality and I assume you can save values that way. Highly recommended but also comes with a pretty steep price tag. Also the labels are only four characters each so far. Hopefully in the future they enable scrolling labels or something!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the info. The fact that it displays values while adjusting is big. The price tag is a bit steep, but I really like that Fader Fox would be getting the profit on it. For me, 4 characters is enough. With loosing cc values when cycling power, I am wondering if the Audulus patches themselves would be the memory, so that when you load a patch, the controller would simply reflect the knob positions. A very important point. Makes me wonder what it would take to get that interfacing right, as well as what would need to be in place on the controller side or on the Audulus 4 side, respectively.

would be interested if midi out is in the works for audulus 4. I also have been contemplating some h/w investments that Iā€™d more readily pull the trigger on knowing that I could convert to midi from the next version (and also save a bunch of outs on the es-8!)

1 Like

It took awhile for mine to come and I was told that the company is a single fellow building each unit individually, and it shows in the build quality. Because of this I would think you could contact him and work with him on a future firmware update or preset. There seem to be a lot of custom controllers on the website so maybe you could also work with him on a limited run of Audulus controllers or something!

2 Likes